Sign in to follow this  
WESTSIDE_BALLER

SHOOTING AGAIN IN SOMALI NIEBORHOOD CAPITAL PARK,OHIO

just the other day me and a couple of my homie's were chillin in capital park that somali nieborhood for those of you who don't know then all of a sudden some black ****** rolled up in our hood talkin shit,words went back and forth until one of the black ****** puled out a 4-5 calibar and POW one of my hommie's got shot like 6 times right in front of us just because he had a red bandana on his head.

[ November 18, 2004, 06:00 PM: Message edited by: Totti ]

raula   

I hope he recovers from it..but I have to say somalis live in the worst neighborhoods. Capital park is HELL-HOLE :mad: I guess they thought you guys are associated with the CRIBS/BLOOD of S.central L.A eh?

Ilaahi ha sahlo yarka-Amin

king_450   

One piece of advise plz get out of these ghetto areas, i think what is happening to Somali community is lack of Motivation,and most of them are not shooting for embetterment of their lives. Look when most of the somlais came to the states sure they were given to low income housing or shall i say "Refugee Camps " , i can't conceivable call these places a house,but a temp ones, so why not work hard and try to move out your loved ones in these horrible living circumstances,or none of you have an ounce of blood. This really sickens me hearing these shootings all the time. America is big move on and try to eat your peice of pie, you can make it,and the opportunity is there. If not go back home"somalia" for God sake.

its really sad to hear that. all you hear these days is people getting shot or killed.

king 450 knows what i am talking about, i think you always hear someone getting shot in dc or something. its really getting scary around here.

Qac Qaac   

I am glad i am not living in that country... ppl die for red blue, geen, how ****** .. atleast die for martyrdom... anyways ilaahey ha unaxariisto your friend, and tell him not to wear any of the gang colors..

Gediid   

Its really sad that this has happened but the blame lies also on those Somali kids who are trying to emulate life in the ghetto.I have seen Capitol Park and I know that there are so called "Somali gangs" out there who act, talk, dress and behave like one of those gangs out of South Central LA but in reality are only a nuisance during Somali parties and among Somalis, but against real gangs I have heard they are not as tough as they portray themselves to be.

Now take the case of the poster himself if I had seen this post anywhere else other than SOL I would have thought it was posted by the same people he's calling names.Somali kids need to realize that acting,dressing ghetto will only mean a life in the ghettos and things very similar to what has happened in Ohio will happen every where Somalis reside in large numbers.

Coloow   

Assalamu calaykum,

I don't think many somalis who live in urbanised areas have the luxary of choice. Moving out is not easy when you have a low income; When you are a refugee who lived there less than 10 years; When there is a cultural gap between the somali parents and their offsprings and when somalis are confronted with racism from virually every race.

The irony is that many cities in the US are more dangerous than Mogadishu.

I travelled extensively in the US last year, and death by unlawful killing is a common occurance. Coming from the relatively peaceful countryside in Sweden, I was in a state of fear; constantly reminded of the value of life and the destitution in America.

However, many of the problems of inner cities in the US and UK are not only confined to somalis. They could be sourced to poverty and economic disparities. Drugs and the free flow of weapons are some other culprits, not to mention the dog-eat-dog mentality.

He got hit with one bullet in the shoulder, his name is Saciid, he is my cousin...last time I saw him he was an A student in a Charlotte NC High School. The kid was manipulated by this older farax hustler nicknamed (Midnight) into slinging drugs. He is recovering now and we are planning to move his *** out of that shit hold people call Columbus.