Sign in to follow this  
Curly

A Disgraced Nation

...Hold Up A Second!...

I'm sorry to go off on topic here, but I agree with Oppinionated. The man is damn ugly, I would like to know who would fall for a man like him with words that have no meaning. I'm serious would you sleep with him if he said he spoke ten different languages. AKHUSH!

...Now You May Continue...

Originally posted by JamaaL-11:

That truth being a fear that dances in the minds of
non-Somalis
, in their belief that anything that associates with the name "Somali" is potentially contagious. And in turn prompt the reaction of refraining from relationships that involves any Somali. If that fear is successfully put in place, then it means there would be less Somalis that are involved with
non-Somalis
, which will preserve the purity of the Somali community as whole.

Hello Jamaal,

If you read the above para again you'd realize that you said Non-Somalis and that would exclude other muslims. Also, when you refer to "culture", it implies behaviour patterns, arts, traits and beliefs exclusive to one nation/community.Other muslims have nothing in common with somalis in terms of culture.Therefore to me, the notion of "cultural purity" sounds restricting, unhealthy and backward.

With reference to that story, a Somali man infected some Somali women...whats this got to do with cultural purity? May I add that there is no reference to where and how he infected the disease himself. To assume that its from a non-somali or a non-muslim is absurd. Its a matter of knowing what you're getting into as a person - whether it be with a Somali or not.

-----------------------

Survival of the fittest baby :D

Ariadne   

Immigirant and minority bashing is not a new sport it's one of the oldest ones. Whenever there is a minority group new to a country.

They are made fun of, rumours are spread about them...they are basically made pariahs by the greater white anglo-saxon society because of the fear of the unknown and "smelly immigrants." In the U.K when the French were the only immigrants they were removed from the English society they lived in poorer sections of the town and were outcasts. The Jews and East Europeans followed

gradually leading to South East Asians, West Indians (carribeans) and more recently Africans. I guess just like all the other immigrants that were made Pariahs before us... were just going to have to buck up and ride out the hate wave

till they start immitating our culture

(eating our food, wearing our clothes,etc,.)