Sign in to follow this  
Laba-X

How Many Somalis in UK?

Laba-X   

What are the statistics of Somalis in UK - does anyone know?

Any links to ercent statistics, please let me know!

The sooner the better. :D

Thanks...

me   

^Check the second link and how much the estimates vary. It's hard to estimate the number of Somalis in the UK.

Are we looking fo Somali born? Somali nationals? Ethnic Somalis?

How about a kid born in Holland, who has Somali parents and has now the British nationality, who lives now in Leicester.

I don't think there are more than 150K ethnic Somalis in UK.

Malika   

I believe since 2001 the numbers of Somalis in UK has grown significantly,for example in my little town we only had a few families in the late 90's but since then the numbers must be in their hundreds if not thousands..thanks for the influx from other European countries.

And its also hard to know the exact stat as many arent on the poll registers.

LX, is there an offer for free pc's?? Lol

Laba-X   

Thanks a lot guys...

North, the 2001 census is just about the only information the government have regarding the Somalis in UK. As for the number being no more than 100,000 it is estimated to in the range of 15-250,000, believe it or not! That's half a mil and increasing. They haven't counted every head, that adds up several other thousands.

Me, the report that claims 93+ thousand is also outdated and inaccurate i think. Think about it, with 70,000 in London that leaves only 25,000 to the rest of the country. that, surely, is not right. Also, with the huge influx of Somalis from European countries, the numbers should far exceed hundred thousand.

Malika, NO! haha.

Aad baad u mahadsantihiin.

Chimera   

Don't forget the many non Somali - Horn of Africans that claimed to be ethnic Somalis when they arrived in Britain

How could one count all ethnic Somalis?

For instance, Somali or Somalia is hardly mentioned in my papers, and likewise for many relatives...

N.O.R.F   

^^Thats the problem we have here. We have conflicting reports/stats. The Census only allows you to state your ethniciy as 'black African'.