Sign in to follow this  
Geel_jire

Arrested for Facebook Poke

It's the digital equivalent of waving at someone from across a crowded room.

Photo: Tenn. Woman Arrested for Facebook 'Poke': 'Poke' Allegedly Violated Order of Protection

A Tennessee woman was arrested for "poking" another Facebook user.

And yet a Tennessee woman was arrested last month for "poking" another user on Facebook.

According to an affidavit filed with the Sumner County General Sessions Court on Sept. 25, Shannon D. Jackson of Hendersonville, Tenn., allegedly violated a legal order of protection that had been previously filed against her when she sent a virtual "poke" to another woman on Facebook.

story

These FB stories! everyday new and wierd stories to surface. Naagta dacwoneysayi bal inay inkar qabto tahay may remove gareyso ta kale inta aay police u tageyso. Anyway I know being poked by someone you dont like can sometimes be annoying.

Curly   

I'm sure we're missing the point here. The woman was probably under a restraining order which includes any form of contact therefore a Facebook poke would obviously breach that restraining order. Makes sense to me.

The thing about news reporters to sensationalise news they'll over embellish in some reports and in this case miss out the vital info.