Sign in to follow this  
Gabbal

Somalia In The Past

OG Moti   

Somaliland_Queen too bad you are asking who they are and what they did...? but not too late you can still catch up and do research.. start here ... SYL2

smallOgadFlag.gif

Gediid   

OG MOTI

SYL is southern as the Niiko.For someone from Somaliland,you should take the initiative and educate them in your history not assume that she knows.

OG Moti   

Brother Gediid i am not a southern somali, and i know about SYL, there is not south and north in my dictionary, we all somalis .. ofcourse your land of origin always counts but lets look the big picture. to me i search all information about somalia whether south or north, to me every inch of somalia is mine ... smile.gif anyway i am not blaming her, i hope she deos reads about somali history all of it... thanx brother for the sugestion.. peace

LANDER   

Manshallah, (beautifull flag) Somaliland queen wlc to the site. I think its important we all learn the accomplishments of the Somali Youth League as a part of somali history.

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance" confucius

OG_Moti,

to me every inch of somalia is mine ...

I realize you might think your saying this quote in a positive manner, but you should be careful in using that quote. It once was part of the poisonous indoctrination that lead to civil unrest and chaos in the former republic of Somalia. It is along the lines of the thinking adopted by the BARE regime.

Haneefah   

OG_Moti, I don't think there was anything wrong with what you said to somaliland queen...Somalis are all the same whether some wanna consider themselves different or not, and we all need to learn our history no matter what "region" of Somalia we happen to come from.

It's quite sickening to hear this constant northern, southern talks that seems be increasing in this site nowadays...Ugh :rolleyes: I honestly wish if some somalis could stop being so paranoid and start loving their sisters/brothers for the sake of Allah(swt) if not for the sake of being from the same nation.

OG Moti   

Nafisa thanx sis, i just did not want to get personal and misunderstood... thanx for ur kind comments..

Lander

like it or not.. as being a somalian.. every inch of Somalia is mine.. and i mean by saying that, i have the rights to be in it.. and that is being nationlist .. and what made somalia in a civil unrest and chaos is remarks like yours...

and by me saying every inch of somalia is mine .. i only ment cause to me where a somalian regardless what region lives is my land and i can feel at home.. u dont like it .. i feel sorry for you .. nothing personal, my second advice .. peace

[ June 01, 2003, 12:48 AM: Message edited by: Admin ]

Gediid   

OG Moti

I think looking at the context of the topic,yes people in here assume that SYL was an all inclusive freedom movement that included all Somalis yet they were a bunch of young guys fighting for the freedom of what was South Somalia from the Italians.I wanted to point that out. We are all Somalis in here but we all have different backgrounds and hail from different regions.What is unique to you makes no sense to someone from another region markaas instead of making it sound like its something they have to know without which they are incomplete,educate them and tell them.

OG Moti   

Admin why did you edited my post, i do not think i disrespected anyone and i sure do not think I violated the terms of this site which by the way i read very carefully, are u taking sides here.. are we turning to regional people now? please admin explain to me why my post was edited... thank you...peace