Sign in to follow this  
money

Violent Taraaweeh Night

money   

He goes ...

...what I am about to tell you are somewhat perplexing and entirely factual ( if you want, for your own sanity, substitute the factual to fictional) of painful narration of complex episodes in my wretched and inexplicable life.I will begin with the present since the past is long-winded and the future is unclear...

An Excerpt

It is Ramadan and as an observant and practicing Muslim, I fast from sunrise to sunset and break my fasting usually at the Mosque. At night, I pray, meditate and contemplate; sometimes in the only Mosque in the town and sometimes in my small studio apartment. In the Mosque where I pray the Taraaweeh, the Imam or the prayer leader is a man who is somewhat liable for my present-day anguish. How could that be, you might ask? Well, I would have to tell you about my past but that would force me to fill pages and make you go through a horrible recounting of human cruelty which I want to spare you of its intolerable particulars. So let me just focus on the present and the first time I found out who in reality this Imam with such striking annunciation and beautiful recitation was? And how our raw and unpleasant tête-à-tête contact started with violent brawl and disarray?

Day 1:

I was on the second row of the congregation and was profoundly drawn in the prayer to the point that I was out of the world to the divine realm: eyes closed, heart heavier with devotion but still able to carefully hearken and pace my pulses and breathing with the rhythmic reading of the Quranic verses recited aloud and eloquently by the prayer leader.

As soon as the first two Rakah ended, I opened my eyes to take of glimpse of my surrounding first to make sure that I was physically present in the earthly world and secondly to check out the Imam with such angelic recitation. As soon as my eyes hit on his face, my dormant childhood photographic memory kicked in. A very vile and painful picture, a horrific past that I was struggling to suppress and subdue came in front of me. ( for the graphic nature of that horrible fateful night, I intentionally decided to omit the description of what had transpired there but I was there and witnessed the whole thing )...

...Without any second guessing, I jumped to the first line and violently punched the Imam at the face, knocking him down to the ground. Then as I was planting mechanical hard kicks on his ribs, someone threw me aside to stop me and before I can recover of the abrupt off-balance, there were three to four guys holding me tight and restraining me back from further outburst of violence. I was shouting and screaming my heart out “You killed my ma, you killed my pa, you murderer!” As the poor Imam was trying to recover and regain his composure, I heard him cry ” That was my twin brother, not me!”

Day 2:

I and the bruised Imam are both in the Mosque but in different corners.

It happens that we, the Imam and I, are related by blood and that it was in fact his identical twin brother that ruthlessly killed of my parents for no explainable reason. The murderer, I have been told, had been killed in a fight by other murderers.

There is another Imam leading the Taraweeh prayers tonight.

continues . . .

nuune   

^^^ True, sheekada dhuuxa iyo dhiigey iga saaqdey,

La soo dhakhso waryaa inta ayna xididadu na ingagin.

Abtigiis   

Is it ficition or fact horta. either way, it is great and unique. But, I'm not holding my breath in anticipation of a contiuuation. Unfortunately, like a lazy husband, Money has the habit of discontinuing a nice journey of the mind abruptly. If I am right, is he not the guy who told us about 'when faarax hits on Xalimo' and disappeared?

Waryaa Money, adeeroow waa tirtirsiyee sheekada dhakhso u dhamee. Hanagu badh gooyne.

By the way, Imam'ku ma reer-baadiyu ahaa? Feedhka moo soo celiyo isaguna. I am fed up with the sterotying of Sheekhs as people in capable of boxing and doing the Sabaaxad! Try on Al-shabab! Wajigay kaaga dhici walaahi.,

By the way, Imam'ku ma reer-baadiyu ahaa? Feedhka moo soo celiyo isaguna. I am fed up with the sterotying of Sheekhs as people in capable of boxing and doing the Sabaaxad! Try on Al-shabab! Wajigay kaaga dhici walaahi.,

:D

money   

A&T let me address your concern ...you seem to be stretching this far bro...so chill I am only testing so-called artistic expressions and creative adventurism..I hear the whispers from behind though ...that I tease and I am like a lazy hubby...that assertion is duly noted..but bro this is an early preview of upcoming series about things and nothings... just want to taste how pits and pieces of that is received here ...so my dear solers as supporting guinea pigs should at least understand why my BSs aint continually done ... btw ..i got more stuff coming (usually unfinished)