Sign in to follow this  
Abdinuur

Divorced Couple Dating?

Ibtisam   

Breakups are good for relationships. Most of the time people realise the grass is not greener on the other side, or that they had it good and they were being unreasonable. My friend parents were married for 10years had 4kids, divorced, both married other people, divorced and remarried 6years later and had 2more kids. They are currently still happily married at their old age.

I find it so twisted that most of you think they will re date each other for SEx! miyaad waalantihiin horta?? :D and you are all so judgemental!! each couple have their own reasons which we may or may not be able to guess.

Aaliyyah   

I strongly believe once you are married, you gota stay married for life, doesn't matter what the situation might be. Specially if u have kids. You gota make your relationship work for your kids' sake.

As for dating your ex husband after you divorce him. Religiously speaking, you gota marry n divorce some one else before u can come back to ur previous husband. So, one does have to really think it through when they decide to divorce.

Besides, Real love comes after marriage, the couple are the ones who are making their relationship work or not work. If it doesn’t work then they are not putting enough effort to improve it, one of them or both them is most likely being selfish or holding their love back. It is all up to ur intentions. You can establish a good loving family, if you can negotiate and do whatever it takes to reach that goal.As Ghanima wrote the grass is not always greener on the other side, so make the best of what you have.

that is my 2 cent for now ;)

Ibtisam   

I strongly believe once you are married, you gota stay married for life, doesn't matter what the situation might be. Specially if u have kids. You gota make your relationship work for your kids' sake.

:eek: :eek: How depressing I hate that argument, no offence honey, but I seen abused women use that line...Ish redface.gif :mad:

Aaliyyah   

^^^why would u marry some one abusive to begin with.

Marry some one with morals n who knows his diin really well. icon_razz.gif

Ghanima hypothetically speaking if ur parents were to divorce today, wouldn't u rather if they worked things out instead of obtaining a divorce. From my perspective, once u start a family, u should take that responsibility seriously and do everything you can to make it work.However, if a husband as you pointed out is being abusive, than there is no other option but to to divorce him.

p.s.It is shown statistically that kids who are raised by their parents fair better in life whether it is academically/socially than those raised by a single parent.

Ibtisam   

^^^^It would no matter if my parents divorced or stayed together, I would just care that they are both happy (which maybe with or without each other, I would hate to feel that they are staying together because of me)

And you can never know any enough, No one marries an abusive man to start with dear. As for Din is something that is frequently abused by Somali men to justify and act as they please while beating the idea of religion on a women’s head, so don’t think someone who seems to have diin and morals is going to be safe, you'd be shocked. If we use this forum as an example, how many normal, sane, even nice guys do you see? few right... go to the Politics section, I'm sure when you seem them advocating for killing each other or supporting injustices their religious knowledge or awareness will seem hypocritical and the level of violence they advocate for just chilling. For many religion is just any weapon to aid their argument.

Further more, knowledge of the deen cannot and will not give you a new personality, some guys are just harsh in nature and nothing will change that.

P.s. I was not raised by a mum or dad statistically speaking I should be suuq dacdacyah but I'm not and socially and academically I think I'm fine.

Aaliyyah   

As for Din is something that is frequently abused by Somali men to justify and act as they please while beating the idea of religion on a women’s head, so don’t think someone who seems to have diin and morals is going to be safe

I don’t just mean he has to know his religion, but he has to know it well enough where he implement it in all the aspects of his life. I certainly can not generalize all somali guys, maybe there are those who are religious yet abusive. I am sure we can find all kind of guys out there. Just look for someone who practices his religion whom u can share a decent life with.

you'd be shocked. If we use this forum as an example, how many normal, sane, even nice guys do you see? few right.

lol no comments on that, I will keep my opinion to myself ;)

P.s. I was not raised by a mum or dad statistically speaking I should be suuq dacdacyah but I'm not and socially and academically I think I'm fine.

Ghanima walaal I am sure u turned out well masha allah, and so did many of us who were raised by a single parent or grandparents. But, generally speaking those who were raised by both of their parents were better off than those raised by a single parent. Basically, it is ideal when both parents are working together to meet their children's needs.