Sign in to follow this  
Valenteenah.

Fat Nation

STOIC   

Viking, Leptin is an adipocyte hormone that we all humans have.Leptin signals hypothalamus how much fat is stored, regulating hunger and food intake.When people are starved the adipose level goes down this triggers the going down of Leptin and hence this leads to diminishing of the immune system too.Obesity involves increase in both size and numbers of adipocytes.As stored fat increases, secretion of Leptin increases.Leptin usually acts on arcute nucleus of the hypothalamus to suppress neuropeptide Y which increases the feeling of hunger.There are neurotransmitters too that promote overeating, example is endomorphin.If you want to know whether you are obessed, divide your weight(in Kg) by your height squared(in meters).If your calculation is above thirty then you are obessed.

PS there goes my Physiology class :D:D

SeeKer   

Originally posted by STOIC:

If you want to know whether you are obessed, divide your weight(in Kg) by your height squared(in meters).If your calculation is above thirty then you are obessed.

Stoic you will excuse me for ROFL. All I could think of when reading that line was a Kikuyu :D Thanks for the laugh now I can go back to studying mechanisms **walking away chucking and shaking her head**

Foxy   

Ahura Its going all good mate

London has taken the 'fittest' title for the last 4 years apparently. This year's fittest city is Southampton

bloody southampton, :D I think its during there summer time that keeps them on their toes, but atleast london made it to the 2nd place :D

cheers

Viking   

Originally posted by Castro:

^ They do. There's just no fat around to activate it.

LOL. So you are saying that one has to be fat to begin with?