Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Almost 100 organizations around the globe will protest

So verily the Muslims - from the first generation - had a great concern for memorization of the chains of narration in their Revelation from the Book and the Sunnah, the like of which no nation from before them had. So they memorized the Qur`aan, and they reported from the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) frequently, sentence by sentence, and word by word, and letter by letter. They preserved it in their chests, and they confirmed it upon pages of their writings, and they authored books about it with exhaustive detail. They also memorized much about their Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam), everyone of his statements or actions or conditions. He was a teacher from his Lord, and an explainer of His Revelation, and a commander of the establishment of His Religion. All of his (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) statements and actions and conditions are an explanation of the Qur`aan. He is the infallible Messenger and the good example. Allaah the Exalted says in describing him:

"He does not speak from desire. Verily it is not but Revelation revealed to him." [sooratun Najm 53:3-4]

Allaah says:

"And We revealed to you the Reminder for you to explain to the people what has been revealed to them, in the hopes that they may become thoughtful." [sooratun Nahl 16:44]

Allaah also says:

"Indeed there is a good example for you in the Messenger of Allaah." [sooratul Ahzaab 33:21]

'Abdullaah Ibn 'Umar Ibnul 'Aas used to write everything he heard from the Messenger of Allaah, so the Quraysh forbade him from that and it was mentioned to the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam). So he said: "Write. So by the One in Whose Hand my soul is, nothing emanates from me except truth." [2] The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) commanded the Muslims in the farewell pilgrimage to teach about him as a general command. So he said: "So let the one who is present teach the one who is absent. So it may be that the one who is being taught may be more heedful than him." [3] He also said: "So let the one who is present teach the one who is absent, for the one who taught may be more heedful than the one who heard directly." [4] So the Muslims understood that all this was obligatory upon them. They memorized everything about the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) and they acted upon that, and they went to great lengths to fulfill this trust, and they related hadeeths from him; either as well known (mashhoor), or with authentically established chains of narrations. According to the scholars, this is named an authentic hadeeth (hadeeth saheeh) or a good hadeeth (hadeeth hasan).

Bakar   

The prophet's words were divinely inspired, his ways examplary but at the end of the day he was a human being -- fallible man, not God. I'm simply saying you shouldn't make the error of assuming the prophet's words are equal to Allah's words. Allah said his words are found in the Quran and in the Quran ONLY. If it is not in the Quran, then it is not from Allah. Hence, the hadiths (whether they are true or not) are the words of Mohammed (scw).

As I understood, you are neither denying nor challenging authenticity of the Book of Allah (swt), right? And granted that you put great emphasis on comprehending the Qur’aan, how would you then construe this verse? “ Wamaa yundiqu canil hawaa, in huwa ilaa waxyun yuxaa†(third verse of Sura Al najmu). These are the words of Allah describing our prophet’s nature, that is to say, his way of life was complete antidote to any social ills emanated from lower motives, i.e. injustice and corruption. In other words, human desire for worldly gain was never his aim.

Those who say to be a muslim you must accept the Sunnah of Mohammed (pbuh) are living in fanstasy world. For starters, muslims on the whole don't accept the Sunnah. Some accept the Sunnah in its totality, others pick and choose, while others reject it all together. All consider themselves muslims.

Once again you and I quarrel over the meaning of certain words. I must admit, language itself is an art which needs years of training. Most definitely I am far from claiming to have mastered this language; most obvious is my writing. However, I refer our prophet infallible because of various reasons mentioned in the Qur’an; the above verse is one them. The very source of our belief (Qur’aan) says that he never spoke from his hawa. For that reason his teaching and actions are, unarguably, infallible. Again, contemplate above verse! By the way, Mohamed (PBUH) was the seal of all prophets, hence, we must follow or emulate his actions, because he was sent as a mercy to human race.

Wallahu Aclam.

Let's look at the statements of the true People of Knowledge, our Great Scholars (who have extensive knowledge of Islam) and we will see what they have to say about Islam and the Sunnah.

Imaam al-Barbahaari (a great Muslim Scholar of the past), in his famous book Sharh as-Sunnah, said: " Know that Islam is the Sunnah, and the Sunnah is Islam, and one them cannot be established without the other. "

Here is an explanation of that statement, given by one of our contemporary Major Scholars, Shaykh Allaamah Ahmed ibn Yahya an-Najmee:

"Know that Islam is the Sunnah, and the Sunnah is Islam." How is this possible? It means that the correct Islam is the Sunnah, so the one who remains steadfast upon the Sunnah and implements it then surely he has implemented Islam. , and the one who deviates from the Sunnah and departs towards the left or the right then surely he has failed to implement the correct Islam due to his deviation. But know that this departure is divided into two categories:

1. Total departure, where the person disbelieves, and his is judged upon as having left Islam in totality.

2. Partial departure, where the person does not disbelieve and his is not considered to be an apostate or as having left Islam. However, his Islam is deficient depending upon the extent of his departure, whether that departure is something small or great.

What is the proof for that which we mentioned? The proof is the hadeeth (which informs) of the splitting of the nations, and it is the saying of the Prophet: "The Jews split into seventy one sects and the Christians split into seventy two sects and my Ummah will split into seventy three sects, all of which are in the Fire except one (sect)." They asked, "And how are they, O Messenger of Allah?" - meaning which is that one (sect), and who are from its people that will be saved from the Fire - He replied, "They are those who are upon that which I and my Companions are upon."