Sign in to follow this  
Ms DD

I know some of us are having difficulties

Ms DD   

Salaam Aleykum

Iman ( faith) is in 2 halves - 1 half is Sabr ( paitence) and the other is Shurk ( gratitude.) The commandments from Allah swt in our purpose to worship him is that those who are both paitent and grateful will be successful in this life and the next, insha'allah. All the Prophets peace be upon them all, of Islam, displayed levels of paitence and gratitude that far exceed anything we have today.

Paitence is required for endurance - and for conviction. Paitence to stay away from the things which are haraam for us and gratitude for the test in that we might appreciate it as an opportunity to come closer to Allah swt.

Gratitude that all that happens is from His Will. Gratitude for the tests, the fortunes and the misfortunes. Gratitude is praise of Allah swt, rememberance of Allah swt, paitence in Him.

Belief and worship in Allah swt requires recognition to him and submission to him. He cannot be recognised with gratitude and he cannot be submitted to without paitence.

Sabr and Shukr will see you through all that you do insha'allah and strengthen your character, your knowledge and your iman.

Sabr and Shurk are mentioned together in the Qur'an many many times. For instance:

Seest thou not that the ships sail through the ocean by the Grace of Allah?- that He may show you of His Signs? Verily in this are Signs for all who constantly persevere and give thanks.31:31

and within the Sunnah of our Prophet peace be upon him, much wisdom about this too:

"Any Muslim that says when a calamity befalls him that which Allah commanded him: To Allah we belong and to him we return. O Allah reward me in this calamity and give me better then it - (any Muslim that says this) Allah will grant him better than (that which he lost)." - Muslim

So even if you aspire to be nothing else, aspire to be paitent and grateful and you will enjoy success insha'allah.

Salaams

Ms DD   

Another way to find comfort is by getting closer to Allah.

When My servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them): I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calls on Me: let them also, with a will, listen to My call, and believe in Me: that they may walk in the right way. (Al-Baqarah 2:186)

1. Way of Devotion and Worship

"My servant does not come closer to Me with anything more dear to Me than that which I made obligatory upon him. My servant keeps coming closer to Me with more volunteer deeds, until I love him. When I love him, I become His ear by which he hears, his eyes by which he sees, his hand by which he holds and his foot by which he walks. If he asks Me any thing I shall give him. If he seeks My protection I shall grant him My protection…"(Al-Bukhari 6021)

2. Way of Piety and Righteousness:

Taqwa (piety) and righteous deeds also bring us close to Allah.

"Call on your Lord with humility and in private: for Allah loves not those who trespass beyond bounds. Do no mischief on the earth, after it hath been set in order, but call on Him with fear and longing (in your hearts): for the Mercy of Allah is (always) near to those who do good." (Al-A’raf 7:55-56)

3. Way of Charity and Kindness

"Allah will say on the Day of Judgment, O son of Adam, I was ill and you visited Me not. He will say: O Lord, and how should I visit You when You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: Did you not know that My servant so and so was ill and you visited him not? Did you not know that had you visited him you would have found Me with him? O son of Adam, I asked you for food and you fed Me not. He will say: O Lord, and how should I feed You when You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: Did you not know that My servant so and so asked you for food and you fed him not? Did you not know that had you fed him you would surely have found that with Me? O son of Adam, I asked you to give Me to drink and you gave Me not to drink. He will say: O Lord, how should I give You to drink when You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: My servant so and so asked you to give him to drink and you gave him not to drink. Had you given him to drink you would have surely found that with Me. (Muslim 4661)