Sign in to follow this  
Yeniceri

The X Factor in February 21

Yeniceri   

Brief biography of one of Black America's finest sons, al-Haji Malik al Shabazz (aka Malcolm X). He was shot to death by three gunmen while giving a speech at Manhattan's Audubon Ballroom on February 21, 1965. He died at the tender age of 39 - but his legacy lives on.

Favorite Malcolm X quote:

"Power never takes a step back - only in the face of more power."

What's yours?

Castro   

Here's an excerpt of a speech he gave on April 12, 1964, a year or so before he was gunned down. In a perverse way, it's a blessing he didn't live to see Katrina and the plight of his people. And in retrospect, not much has changed about the 'democracy' that is America. May Allah grant him Jannah.

No, I'm not an American. I'm one of the 22 million black people who are the victims of Americanism. One of the 22 million black people who are the victims of democracy, nothing but disguised hypocrisy. So, I'm not standing here speaking to you as an American, or a patriot, or a flag-saluter, or a flag- waver-no, not I. I'm speaking as a victim of this American system. And I see America through the eyes of the victim. I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare....

When white people are evenly divided, and black people have a bloc of votes of their own, it is left up to them to determine who's going to sit in the White House and who's going to be in the dog house.

It was the black man's vote that put the present administration [of Democratic president Lyndon Johnson] in Washington, D.C. Your vote, your dumb vote, your ignorant vote, your wasted vote put in an administration in Washington, D.C., that has seen fit to pass every kind of legislation imaginable, saving you until last, then filibustering on top of that. And your and my leaders have the audacity to run around clapping their hands and talk about how much progress we're making. And what a good president we have.