Sign in to follow this  
Baaniyal

Transfer Speculation

lander

bro, my hate towards real is only a friendly football thing. Real are not the kind of team that i support. i support a team that has to work hard to get anywhere without having big budget players like real. the only reason that real has got all those quality players is because they can afford their high wages. therefore they are only so succesfull becuase of their money not because of their managing and directing qualities. they are like circus show to me and not a football that you would support through and through.

N.O.R.F   

Harry Kewell's £7m move to Liverpool should still be completed on Tuesday - despite a late cash wrangle.

BBC Sport can reveal the "11th hour hitch" which halted Kewell's plan to annouce his move live on Australia television is only a minor financial detail.

Liverpool will still have Kewell as part of their squad that travels out to Switzerland for pre-season training on Thursday.

Kewell is understood to have done an interview with the Channel Nine network in which he revealed he was moving to Anfield.

But a spokesman for the A Current Affair show said the interview had been shelved pending word from England that the deal had been completed.

Kewell has set his heart on a move to Anfield and said about his contract: "It feels great to have it but I haven't signed it yet.

"We'll have to wait until Tuesday. I presume that is when I am going to sign it.

Feature: Kewell in the crown

"We can all relax, then, and go from there. I'm not going to change my mind and hopefully they don't change theirs.

"We will just have to wait until Tuesday and then once everything is done on paper, it is done on paper."

The Channel Nine spokesman admitted the televised revelation of the deal had been pulled and said: "I can tell you we are not running it tonight.

"There has been an 11th-hour hitch between the two clubs and I don't think it is a signed and sealed deal yet.

"We have done an interview with Harry but no we are not running it tonight.

"You can appreciate with the time difference, we don't have the green light yet."

HAVE YOUR SAY

Kewell is the answer to Liverpool's problems

From Cliff Reid

Join the 606 debate

Kewell is believed to have said that he was signing for the club he supported as a boy - Liverpool.

Manager Gerard Houllier's pursuit of Kewell ends a lengthy transfer saga which has also involved Manchester United and Arsenal.

Houllier will win a chase that has involved Arsenal and Manchester United because Liverpool are in a position to offer Leeds straight cash, and Kewell a package worth a reported £60,000-a-week.

Arsenal were only offering exchange deals, while Kewell was not keen on a switch from Leeds to their Old Trafford arch-rivals.

Australian international Kewell has been in talks with several clubs about a move from Elland Road, but is understood to have opted for Anfield.

The 24-year-old's signature will represent a major coup for Houllier, and inject added flair and width into Liverpool's line-up.

Yeahhhhh Baaaaaby!

I'v lost the little respect i had for H Kewel as a player. What on earth could he see in Liverpool from a football perspective? A doggy Squad, Prenial Underacheiver status and a Uefa Cup Champiagn? There is no logic at all in that decision.

Man U and Arsenal Offer up much better deals, A crack @ the Premiers**t oops ship smile.gif , and of course the coverted Champions League.

But anyway who cares this is Fish n Chibs league :D .

Back to Seria A and The Giallo Rossi YEEEEEEEEEEEES and about time we got a world class Signing Phew i was gettin worried we wouldnt sign no one, But at last we have a Great Buy Chiviu Arrives in Rome

More updates

Fadiga Joins Inter

Lopez Looks Set for Valencia Return

Baaniyal   

Kewell is a "Wanker" as the brits would say. How can he claim it wasn't about the money,yet he ends up jacking the club who made him what he is. From 7 million pounds to a meagre 3 million is what Leeds received. Anyways we will have to wait and see if Kewell will transform this Hoof & Hope team or will he be among the unwanted of mersey ala Litmanen,Anelka.

Congrats on a great signing Shujui,Roma can literally say now they boast the best defensive partnership besides the Milan duo. Shit why is Arsenal so broke! If we had half of Roma's annual budget,Europe would be ours,and y'all know dat!lol

lol somehow i doubt that Baay lol.

Besides Roma have once again not failed to dissapoint with a late late Hitch of Chivu's Transfer. But @ least Dcaourt has been confirmed as a Roma Player and Chivu's problem should be sorted out in the nxt few days.

But what aBout Chelsa :eek: they are looking like they could become the nxt superpower to emerge from england. A good Manager some solid Players like Gudjohnson, Lampard, Cudcini, Petite, Gallas, Gronkjiar and Forsell on loan, not to mention Carlton Cole.

And so far thewy have signed westhams outstanding 18 right back Glenn Jonhson, and today have completed the signing of Camerons Geremi for £6.9m and it seems they have only started.

Chelsa's Shopping List so far

I will make a prediction and say that chelsa will challange strongly for the title nxt year and will will do very well in the Champs Leauge

WingA   

No Ronny!! I AM P!SSED!!

See how cheap they are!! and they are meant to be the wealthest club in the world!!

Am Not happy!! :mad:

I could leave with the below sceniro. Roma Certainly need new money and we havent got a Roman Abrohamvich smile.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Davids holding out for Roma move? Tuesday 12 August, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juve’s new President has told Edgar Davids he is free to leave, but the player is resisting Premiership offers to aim for Roma.

The Dutchman has refused to extend his contract in the hope he can leave on a free next summer, but new President Franzo Grande Stevens has made the situation clear.

“Davids is a great player,” said the chief, “and I’d prefer it if he agreed a new deal and ended his career with us."

"But if he wants to leave then he can. Stephan Appiah is a more than adequate replacement.”

The Turin side was hoping to cash in on the former Ajax hero with an £8m offer from Chelsea, but Davids always refused overseas options.

It is now reported the reason behind this attitude is a basic agreement to join Roma on a free transfer next summer.

Davids almost joined the Giallorossi last season, but the negotiations failed when President Franco Sensi refused to meet the £10m price-tag.

Coach Fabio Capello and captain Francesco Totti have both publicly named the Juve man as their main target to reinforce the squad.

With the risk of losing any cash from his departure in 12 months’ time, Juventus may well bow down and accept a greatly reduced bid from their bitter Serie A rivals.

This would then allow Roma to release Brazilian midfielder Emerson to Chelsea or Barcelona, also bringing in fresh funds for a new striker.

Meanwhile, Juventus chief Grande Stevens, who took over following the untimely death of President Vittorio Chiusano this month, also looked to the future.

“Our dream buy is Dejan Stankovic,” he revealed. “The Lazio midfielder is a magnificent

Baaniyal   

well one thing we can be sure about is that any speculation that was linked to Chelsea has mostly turned out to be true. Welcome mr. Crespo to the premiership. Maybe now Shujui's Roma will have a betta chance since your gone,lol. I must say Shujui your cross town rivals play a lovely brand of football. Nice to see that from an italian team. It seems that Makelele is coming by this Sunday to Chelsea,so are we allowed to name them Galacticos 2? As Real Madrid don't look so strong anymore,especially with such average players as Beckham and Cambiaso,and without a reinforcer if Makelele does go.

I will with stand your jibe @ Calcio smile.gif and hold up my hands and say yes Lazio do indeed play a very attractive type of football.

Yes it now seems we have a loss gallactics 2 @ chelsea....and by the looks of thinks (certainly if the sign makelee)) they will be real title contenders with Man u and Arsenal, and even more i think they will be a real threat for teh champions league.

I wll guess that the season will look something like this

1. Man u ((they look amaing so far))

2. Chelsea (( perhaps nxt year))

3. Arsenal ((small squad will cost them again))

4. Blackburn ((they would ersve it, they play great footie))