Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

'Wadaad-ism in Somalia

Modesty   

With all this attention in the Islamic Courts in Mogadishu, Somalia is becoming more and more "wadaad-ized." Although I hope the ICM are going to do a better job than the first warload regime there, I'm very concerned for my country. Somalia was one of the African countries that was 'high class', women had rights. Today, I don't see that. Of course with all that happened in the past 15 years, we can expect all this negativity towards women, who are in most cases the victims in those kinds of situations. Women can't dress the way they want in Somalia, they can't drive. Even though there is no law like Saudi Arabia that says they can't drive, it is the silent norm. Women are the ones who have been making progress in the country with their contributions to the economy, yet they never even get to be in the political progress. Even in America, Somalis are very 'wadaadized', although most are cultural muslims, there is this silent tone that says you can't leave the norm. I don't have a problem with wadaads, but I have a problem when people hinder the rights of others in the name of "wadaadism."

JUSTICE   

Modesty your right 100%.

Somalis tend to depict the Suadi culture, which is so backward and outdated. the Wadaadism should take us forward to a better future, not to drag us to the 18th century.

Modesty   

^I agree Justice, they tend to use an 'outdated' saudi system, even saudis aren't using it.Ha!God Save Somalia from the madness of madmen.

Nur   

Modesty writes:

God Save Somalia from the madness of madmen.

Amin,

Allah heard your prayer, All the madmen have been routed out of most cities, at last from Puntland, Jubbaland , Somaliland and the South we have real peace, now women are safe again, Thanks to Islamic law Sharia, rapists get the message, no tolerance to rapists like the west, and Somali women are the engine of our national development, its because of their efforts the country still ticks despite warlords, they may not drive cars because they cant afford it, but they are driving an Islamic revival by raising their kids well and sending them to Islamic schools, to teach them to become better Muslims, and their hard work for the past 16 years under anarchy has brough the fruit of Islam and the Hijab to win over moral decadence, permissive western norms and corruption.

Islam is the new way, its the new wave, Islam is cool, Kufr is out dated, its literally hot! in hell.

This was one of your contributions to SOL two years ago, what happened to you?

http://www.somaliaonline.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=001333

Nur

BOB   

Originally posted by JUSTICE:

Modesty your right 100%.

Somalis tend to depict the Suadi culture, which is so backward and outdated.

Salam Aleikum W.W

There's no such thing as "Saudi culture" except sharia law and if you find the sharia law to be a backward and outdated then no need to call yourself a Muslim (assuming you are one).

I am amazed at the level of hypocricy amongst the Somalis as they are so quick to criticize the Islamic Courts (by far the best thing that's ever happened to Somalia for the last 50 years) yet when the warlords were killing women, children, elders and looting the wealth of the orphans, raping young teens...no one said NOTHING because they were our tribesmen!

How many of you have known such peace in Mogadishu, Kismayo and all the other cities and towns that are currently under the Islamic Courts rule since the civil war broke out?

if you are a true SOMALI and have the best interest for SOMALIS & SOMALIA in the heart then stop criticizing the real Somali men who dedicated their lives to protect Allah's religion and keep Somalia a Muslim country and stop committing a sin against Allah by singing the praises of the unworthy..namely the Warlords who don't care about mother Somalia and its Somali offspring.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

Originally posted by B0B:

quote:Originally posted by JUSTICE:

Modesty your right 100%.

Somalis tend to depict the Suadi culture, which is so backward and outdated.

Salam Aleikum W.W

There's no such thing as "Saudi culture" except sharia law and if you find the sharia law to be a backward and outdated then no need to call yourself a Muslim (assuming you are one).

^^ Sxb there is a big difference between Saudi Culture and Islam just the way there is a difference between Islam and the Somali culture so Gabadha diinta ha ka saarin.

Although I don't agree with Hantaataca modesty icon_razz.gif

BOB   

Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

there is a difference between Islam and the Somali culture so Gabadha diinta ha ka saarin.

Salam Aleikum W.W

What is your definition of Somali culture and what is Saudi culture?

PS. Diinta belongs to neither of us but Allah s.w marka i don't have awood aan qof uga saaro ama usoo galiyo Diinta.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

^^ you my man are a walking ball of contradictions, i wonder how you even step out of bed in the morning.

Essays, no books could be writen just about your name, avatar, signature of peace ... and then come your comments .. lordhy.

Adiga noo micney dhaqanka saudi. and to be honest aamiin that you dont have awooda aad qof uga sartid ama aad soo galisid diinta.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by B0B:

if you are a true SOMALI and have the best interest for SOMALIS & SOMALIA in the heart then stop criticizing the real Somali men who dedicated their lives to protect Allah's religion and keep Somalia a Muslim country and stop committing a sin against Allah by singing the praises of the unworthy..namely the Warlords who don't care about mother Somalia and its Somali offspring.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity. [/QB]

Ouch, Bob! Never thought you capable of such sanctimonious and holier-than-thou balderdash, saaxib!

Blind support of anyone is the height of recklessness, my friend. One can only give total support if one knows what he is supporting. The ICU fans in SOL need a total makeover. You need a change of approach and maybe a few catchy slogans. But, most of all, what you need (and this is to you personally) is some common sense.

It will be real sad if this thread descended into boasts about one’s Somalnimo and strength of Iman when it could have been much more informative and helpful to the originator of the thread and others. Modesty’s first post seems to be crying out for reassurance from the ICU fans. How will the Courts treat women? She seems to say! Will women lose their rights like some of those in Saudi Arabia? She asks.

Can a woman expect to have a position of responsibility in any ICU administration?

Am I unnecessarily panicking here or is my anguish justified? She wonders!

(I know I’m speaking for her here and that there is a very small, almost non-existent chance that I might be wrong but I doubt it).

How would the Courts sell themselves to the womenfolk of Somalia? How should these women expect to be treated? How can you (Bob & Nur) get these girls to bat for your side?

Sell, sell, sell...

BOB   

Salam Aleikum W.W

You sound angry with me my brother...Did i press the wrong button? Qofka walaalkaa muslimka ah Kheyr ayaa loogu duceeyaa...laakiin adiga iima ogolid taas..which tells me how angry you are with me...ilaahey ayaan ka magan galay inaan diinta qof ka saaro..ilaaheyna waxaan ka baryaa inuu nawada siiyo dhammaanteen awood aan dadka ku muslimino Insha Allah..including YOU & me.

dhaqanka Sacuudiga waa diinta Islaamka ama Sharia law just as it should be in Somalia and please don't come with the cheap Somali propaganda about the Saudis as they are far better Muslims than we will ever be!

about my nick (we've been there before..sorry you missed it) what's wrong with Osama's pic..oooh he's, as Bush would say..the enemy of freedom...should i get Blair or Bush's instead? my signature?..oops..another Terrorist..well what can i say? i am a terrorist sympathizer...qucik, take me to Guantanamo Bay!

PS. Nice nick...better than mine..i give you that.

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

Salam Aleikum W.W

Ngonge..I rather not say anymore than i already did becasue like you said "We, The ICU fans need a makeover" and i begin the process by avoiding any more confrontation by keeping SILENT as i have always done because i hate arguments with passion (Sorry..i don't see this as a debate but rather a senseless argument) as i'm a short distance arguer and offer my heartfelt APOLOGY to my dearest sisters Modesty for undermining the true value of HER thread.

May Allah s.w guide all through the righteous path Insha Allah.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Ms DD   

"Women can't dress the way they want in Somalia, they can't drive. Even though there is no law like Saudi Arabia that says they can't drive, it is the silent norm."

Modesty..they cant drive? Where did get this info? Can you back it up?

They surely can drive. No one is forced to wear what they dont want to. Before the courts, women wore niqab and jilbabs. It is not something they brought recently.