Sign in to follow this  
Resistance

The Somalis in the west.

They say youth of the nation is its future... but the in case the of Somalia can the Somali Diasporra hold the key to its future ... maybe .. just maybe .. at least financially it is the case.

so if that is the case are the western Somali Youth in a fit state to make a difference 'back home' in years to come.

WHICH somalis are in a better position, nation -wise .. are the Canadain Somalis more educated the Aussies , the Americans more Patriotic than than the UK somalis. or will the Euro Trash ( i just had ) prove more help than others ...

Youth-wise .. there are some brainy kidz in UK ...saying that some dump-*** ones too exist,

Austrilians youngesters impressed me too, the deen is strong is strong amongst the youth there and they are politcal minded ...

ElPunto   

^From what I know - UK Somalis are less likely to go on to university because of the school system - university entry is higher in North America and thus those Somalis better situated for success.

Ibtisam   

IT is very very easy to get into university in the UK :confused: some of the foreign students in my university i wonder why on God's earth they got in and why they would waste £13000 a year for three years to get a fail or a 3rd :( madness.

ElPunto   

^From what I know - much lower proportion of students go to university in Britain as opposed to US/Canada. Like less than 50% in UK as opposed to greater than 60% in Canada/US. Additionally, the class system still exists to a greater degree in UK schools than in NA. And the school system is more fragmented and less egalitarian.

From the Economist:

Britain

"Admissions, too, bring a whiff of the old Soviet system. The government is convinced that more working-class students, including many with few formal qualifications, should go to university. Its ultimate target is 50% of 18-30-year-olds by 2010, and it is getting there fast. Figures released this week show that the number of students in higher education has risen in just one year from 43% to nearly 45% of the relevant age cohort. In 1979, the percentage of school-leavers going on to higher education was just 12.4%."

"No wonder, then, that British and European academics cast envious and wondering eyes at the American university system. It manages both quantity and quality: more than 60% of American high school graduates at least start some form of tertiary education. And it keeps standards high, too. The European Commission recently published a painstaking ranking of the world's best universities, compiled by researchers in Shanghai. Of the top 50, all but 15 were American. From Europe, only Oxford and Cambridge made it into the top 10; from other EU countries, no university ranks higher than 40."

nemo   

Well Australia has small population compared to Canada, US and UK but I reckon we are pretty good when it comes to education. Our youths in Australia are all right must admit on education and religion wise when compared to those country in the west. Australia youth by far bet the US and Canada when it comes to religion, as Australia Somalis does not have any lesbians and gays thank Allah. UK I can’t judge because I have not met a lot but what I have hear they don’t study much compared to those in Australia and in the diin wise they are not that good. Not saying that US and Canada Somalis are all bad because I have met a lot that empress me but why gamble. Stick with the Aussies I say. ;)

Originally posted by Yahoo_UK:

Austrilians youngesters impressed me too, the deen is strong is strong amongst the youth there and they are politcal minded ...

I see you have met me. :D