Sign in to follow this  
checkmate

A world without Zionism

Castro   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

You’re right, I am cold hearted, cynical and pessimistic by nature.

Really? No! I could not have concluded that in a million years from reading your posts. What a shock indeed! I'm still shaking my head in disbelief.

NGONGE   

Has the wise NGONGE fallen in the chase of that phantom state

I have not 'fallen' for anything yet, saaxib. I said it before and I say it again, I don’t trust Somali politicians and this non-trust negates my support for Somaliland. This is really the long and short of it. As a concept (and under the circumstances) I have no opposition to the idea of Somaliland nor do I regard it as a phantom state. I’m not a flag waving Somalilander but I’m (I believe) amongst the loudest of those that DEMAND recognition. I will only wave the flag when the place is recognised. Opportunistic? :D

Anyway, with those teasing words of yours, you’re almost forcing me to wave the flag in your face and point out that Somalia (the colonel’s Somalia) is really the phantom state.

Here Xiin

Castro   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Anyway, with those teasing words of yours, you’re almost forcing me to wave the flag in your face and point out that Somalia (the colonel’s Somalia) is really the phantom state.

No phantom states here. Somaliland is a toddler among nations while Somalia is a severly depressed young man. Insha Allah the former will grow up to be a strong man and the latter will get better with proper medication (kill the warlords) and comprehensive talk therapy (stop blaming Somaliland for its ills).

NGONGE   

^^^^

surrender.gif

On a serious note though, I doff my hat to you, saaxib

There isn’t much there I can refute or disagree with really. Mea culpa.

Good one NGONGE. Time and political actualities on the ground, have appealed the realist side of you but the value of unity and its meaning need not allude you still. Sing the Burcawi songs :D , I insist. As for the phantom state and that of the colonel in Jowhar, phantom they both really are, I concur. But the latter with a different dye, just like in the sense of that in William Wordsworth's poem:

She was a phantom of delight

When first she gleam'd upon my sight!

With something of an angel light, yaa Syidii :D .

Tolstoy,

as I have alluded before, it’s the quirk of fate that you have peculiar fond to spend energy and labor in advancing some thing as morally bankrupt as that of secessionist idea. Your emotional fog is so thick, I am afraid, that any discussion with you will vanish in a sure vain. A state whose would-be borders rest on a colonial sketch, inspired by clannish ambition, and supported by political grievance can’t be reconciled with my vision of what Somalia should/would be!

Carry on Saaxiib :D .

Castro   

Originally posted by Katrina:

Hey now! Castro what happened? Where did all this somalilandness come from? What's in your water?lol

:D

No Somaliland fever dear. I'm the eternal Somali (with some Somaliland ancestry) who is sick and tired of this rubbish going on. As Somalis, it is incumbent upon us to do a little house cleaning before wondering what our neighbors are up to with their houses. Our impotence in the face of war and anarchy profiteers has deluded us into thinking someone else is to blame for our demise rather than our own selves. That's all boo.