Sign in to follow this  
Foxy

Bad Vibes! or is it according to taste

Foxy   

I hated science at school; I didnt yet know its point. Now I have realised too late that it's exactly my kind of thing, a profitable pursuit for an idle mind.

You see for me its not the big news stories of the year that grab me, its the small reports of pointless research being done by the world's acadamics in to things like why people like chocolates,or why are we afraid of spiders.

(could it be because :a) chocolates tastes too damn delicious and b:) they are so damn hideous and freakin lookin creatures?)

It was with great delight, then, that I stampled upon this week's scientific endeavour of note, which is taking place in good old britian( God bless the Queen and any tax paying individual). Scientist here have something called the Bad Vibes Project, a quest to find the world's worst sound. Incase You wondered you can log on to the University of Salfords's website salfords website

Among the scientists offerings are snores, farts and phlegmy coughs. Its important work, they say because we will discover not only the worst sound, but also why its the worst sound ( could it be because its -um-sounds so awful?)

I for one is not satified with suggested sounds of such limited and predictible scope.

For most world's most truly awful sounds are that way because of complex factors, depending on the time of the day it is, of the weather its experiencing or the modd one might be in.....

So lets see what You ladies might have in ur awful list...as for me here are some of mine>>>>

1) The alarm clock.....this sound is always unwelcoming, since it wakes you from deep and blissful sleep and reminds you of all the things you have to do with ur day, like work/school/child minding...damn the list goes on

2) other people's music especially if its after 4am in the morning and its those damn heavy metal music, makes it worse when You have Bono wana be sing along or one of those rock chicks wana be sing along.....sh!t not only do U have to stand the damn heavy metal stuff but their annoying voice as well

3) Children that scream/cry for no abvious reason, especailly those damn kinds that cry all the time,

one moment they are all cute, next moment hell breaks loose from their heavenly mouth

4)people cracking up their joints/fingers/toes.....that sh!t is damn unhealthy and hunts U back when U have reached after 50+

these are a few of the annoying sounds that I could come up with, unlike those so called scientists>>>>>>

So what do U find annoying on your terms compared to those damn scientist's list??......sorry for those wanna be scientist in SOL

cheers