Old_Observer

Is MOU issue now another time waster to accupy Somali people and divide them over nothing?

The Ethiopian government wants it for its local politics, just propaganda

The Opposition in Somalia wants SFG seen in bad light

The poor people are left to waste time and talk nonesense over something meaningless

Farmaajo says yes we signed MOU

Kyre in Scandinavia says is nothing

It looks to me another UAE created or pushed issue. Confirmation will come when Federal state or parliament or senate members mention about it.

Why not just fix and work on Somalia. There is nothing much a Somalia government can do about Ethiopia even if it tries. How come Kenya which is wealthier than Ethiopia and probably better government accept it cannot be more influential than Ethiopia in foreign relations?

I understand nationalism, but this kind some Somali have is simply self=destructive.

Mourad1   

For historical reasons and Ethiopia's active role in Somali politics, any deal with Ethiopia is controversial. However, Abiy Ahmed clearly identifies himself as Oromo, and he seems to depart from Ethiopia's historical imperialistic tendencies. In the current state of affairs, it is more than natural to welcome and show some support for the new Prime Minister of Ethiopia. 

After all, what do Farmaajo and Kheyre have to lose? It might eventual, in the near future, pay a dividend, who knows? 

28 minutes ago, Mourad1 said:

For historical reasons and Ethiopia's active role in Somali politics, any deal with Ethiopia is controversial. However, Abiy Ahmed clearly identifies himself as Oromo, and he seems to depart from Ethiopia's historical imperialistic tendencies. In the current state of affairs, it is more than natural to welcome and show some support for the new Prime Minister of Ethiopia. 

After all, what do Farmaajo and Kheyre have to lose? It might eventual, in the near future, pay a dividend, who knows? 

Mourad1,

I have no problem of you supporting an Oromo, but I am afraid thinking the Oromo will have different interest in Somalia or with Somali people in general, other than that Ethiopia as a country has is mistaken. The Oromo might even have more of what you think Ethiopia had in the past history.

My oly point in this thread is don't break your head, don't question friendships among yourselves for an issue which does not amount to anything. UAE maybe pushing or bankrolling this, but should not be something to accupy the Somali people.

Mourad1   
9 hours ago, Old_Observer said:

Mourad1,

I have no problem of you supporting an Oromo, but I am afraid thinking the Oromo will have different interest in Somalia or with Somali people in general, other than that Ethiopia as a country has is mistaken. The Oromo might even have more of what you think Ethiopia had in the past history.

My oly point in this thread is don't break your head, don't question friendships among yourselves for an issue which does not amount to anything. UAE maybe pushing or bankrolling this, but should not be something to accupy the Somali people.

If Abiy Ahmed postures himself as a dealmaker in the Horn, why would the federal government of Somalia oppose this? Ethiopia's new Prime Minister doesn't have a proven track record. So in that essence, Abiy Ahmed should be given the benefit of doubt. 

Regarding Abiy Ahmed's self-identification. I hope anyone can differentiate between Oromo's public opinions and a politician who considers himself an Oromo.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mourad1 said:

If Abiy Ahmed postures himself as a dealmaker in the Horn, why would the federal government of Somalia oppose this? Ethiopia's new Prime Minister doesn't have a proven track record. So in that essence, Abiy Ahmed should be given the benefit of doubt. 

Regarding Abiy Ahmed's self-identification. I hope anyone can differentiate between Oromo's public opinions and a politician who considers himself an Oromo.  

You mean broker? Yes He is now broker for UAE/Saudi and America.

This MOU is "Qawda maqashii waxna ha u qaban".

Nothing on it, except the security bit will ever be realised. UAE suppose to back it  but they  always have grand plans but are more of talk.