Sign in to follow this  
Caano Geel

25 somali boys suspected in the killing of a somali youth

N.O.R.F   

A very sad state of affairs indeed. These kids go crazy when they are in a crowd. This 'urban' culture in London is getting out of hand. Its actually the garage and 'grime' music thats influencing them more than the hiphop. The illusion of pretecting your 'ends' has got into them through this music and culture that is 'urban London'. You have all the different boroughs scoring points against each other through violence and sadly somalis have fallen into that trap.

Laba-X   

Originally posted by Northerner:

A very sad state of affairs indeed. These kids go crazy when they are in a crowd. This 'urban' culture in London is getting out of hand. Its actually the garage and 'grime' music thats influencing them more than the hiphop. The illusion of pretecting your 'ends' has got into them through this music and culture that is 'urban London'. You have all the different boroughs scoring points against each other through violence and sadly somalis have fallen into that trap.

...A Classic example of Somali Yobs

underdog   

Well well well...here we go again.

Why is it that every one speaks under their breath or only after sh!t happens?

How come the somali communities DON'T confront their own youth? Do they really believe the youth will 'grow past this phase'?

If the friends, relatives, neigbours and community are afraid of (cowards) or unable to (incompetent) discipline their youth, why can't they admit failure and let the racist, brutal and merciless police do what they do best and scrape our problem off our streets?

Its pretty damn evident that our low IQ 'gangstas' and 'street kings' are completely detached from reality and the rest of us seem to be trying to detach ourselves from them (but of course not enough to have to see some poor somali boy go to jail for some "juvenile" prank - after all, waa iska ciyaal)

There's a very prevalant "Victim Mentality" with us Somali's: poor people on the bus, poor kid who got killed, poor somali sent to jail. Always on the side of the victim but nothing ever said towards the culprits...

How many time have we discussed warlords and thugs destroyed Somalia? Blame it on ignorance and lack of education that nothing could be done about that situation and leaving it for someone else to clean up while we critize from the sidelines.

Well here we are Educated and intelligent and still absolutly useless to implent either in protecting ourselves or guiding our youth.

Seems there only 2 categories of Somalis

1) Those who Burn sh!t and

2) Those who don't do sh!t

“It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.â€

p.s.

This world is gettn deadly//

I'm from camden and wanted already//

I'd rather scream and try to reach makavelli//

And ask him kindly 4 the bullets in his belly//

so i guess i'm worried i'm next... already//

MaD-$ciEntiSt-sNr,

Here's something for you to rap about, get your a$$ off the F#$%in street corner and get a damn Job. if you're not part of the solution then you're part of the problem.

ElPunto   

Originally posted by underdog:

How come the somali communities DON'T confront their own youth? Do they really believe the youth will 'grow past this phase'?

If the friends, relatives, neigbours and community are afraid of (cowards) or unable to (incompetent) discipline their youth, why can't they admit failure and let the racist, brutal and merciless police do what they do best and scrape our problem off our streets?

I don't know how much one can confront or discpline criminals and losers? And given the alleged crime involved the police will be merciless. You hear this sorta of crap all the time - I care less and less, quite frankly.

N.O.R.F   

These kids are simply not interested in logic, if they are not listening to their parents why are they going to listen to YOU?

There is alot of work in the community to keep kids off the streets and try and push them in the right directions. But badness is never too far in London's inner cities. The culture is now violence, music, drugs and alcohol.

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Northerner:

These kids are simply not interested in logic, if they are not listening to their parents why are they going to listen to YOU?

There is alot of work in the community to keep kids off the streets and try and push them in the right directions. But badness is never too far in London's inner cities. The culture is now violence, music, drugs and alcohol.

I think they should deport these folks to the hottest, most desolate and isolated spots in Somalia - you had your chance to be everything that you could be in terms of worldly matters - and you blew it. See Ya. redface.gif

Arawella   

Every human deserve our compassion and everyone is capable of turning their life for the better. With guidance, support, mentoring, stable family, school support, financial assistance and distractions these kids are all capable of leading normal lives.

Once you get into the world of drugs it is not an easy task to get out. The drug lords are bullies and savages, these young people are frightened for their lives and the safety of their families.

I wonder how many of us including SOL members are actually doing anything to improve the conditions for our younger generation. It seems that we are quick to reprimand and blame each for the reasons these situations occur. What is more important is what we should do to prevent such tragedy occurring again!

Jafarel.   

Our youths have no shame. They are a living proof that our people are the easiest to change.

No deen, no values, no sense of direction.

For how long will one be a youth? Not a lifetime.

O Allah, guide us and our youths to the straight path. Give our youths the wisedom to see that which is right and that which is wrong.

O Allah, show them the way of the Prophets and the Salaf, grant them the knowledge which they lack today to lead tomorrow.

And Allah knows best..

Upon u be peace..

Nephissa   

^^Ameen.

One of the main probs are that some parents don't give a sh!t. Children are allowed to roam the streets at midnight, or even later at the age of 14-15. If parents did their job properly, and were charged with negligence for crimes committed by their minor children, we wouldn't have so many hoodies out there.

Gangsta rap music is another issue, when you have lyrics like "I'm gonna kill you mutha fukka", it's not really sending the best message to kids. Educating people is the key to stop our children from killing each other. You have to start doing that before they become teenagers, when they are very young, and instill a sense of obligation, and respect towards their fellow man.

My 3cents. Take it for what it's worth.