Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Need Help in Dubai

Modesty   

Salaam,

I'm currently staying in a hotel in Dubai, I don't know anyone, if anyone lives there, please PM me!! I want someone to show me around.

Arawella   

Walaal

You do not need anyone simply buy yourself a travel guide book and jump on a taxi. Most drivers speak basic English that is if your command of Arabic is limited if not there is also sign language which most people are adept.

Honestly from experience the best way to sightsee is undertaking it alone besides UAE is a safe country.

Dubai is not a quite small city and most of the sightseeing can be done within a day to two at the most. Whatever you decide do not limit your visit to just Dubai, try and visit the many small towns and bedouin villages.

Have a great time.

If you are willing to let a stranger from SOL pm you, meet you and show you around, you can also walk up to a total stranger off the street and ask them to show you around.

Why do you need pple to show you around, why can't you go on your own? Is it because you are under age, if so this would be considered inappropriate. I suggest you follow the advise given from the previous poster.

PS:I don't mean to come out as being harsh, it just irritates me when folks can't go on their own, whatever happened to being independent???

Modesty   

Thanks Redevous. I'm about to go to Al-Ain now, well since this is my new home, I will have to go about it myself smile.gif Lazie, thanks for your advice, being independent is great, but collectivism is always good ;)

No, most somalis aren't "strangers" to me,they're my people and I love them :D

Som@li   

The Rendezvous, wher have you been when the girl needed you, xagee ku dhumataa saxb.

Modesty, I hope you like you are visit to the emirates, make your self at home.. smile.gif