•Sayid Mohammed Abdullah Hassan

•Ahmed Gurey

•Xawa taako

•Abdirashid Cali sharmarke

•Sheikh Haaji cali Abdiraxman

•Dhagax Tuur

•Aden Cade Osman etc

•Siyad Bare

I believe a country that does not cherish its past will not generally show much concern for its future. Therefore I am here to night to celebrate some of our heroes that make our community awesome. My heroes and heroines are the countless men and women who sacrificed their life for the Somali people (see the list above). They have given us the richest gift of all, freedom that was paid with their lives. We owe it to them and we owe it to our children. But instead of rewarding them with peace and gratitude……… we rewarded them with what?? Nothing I guess. We destroyed everything that they had dreamed namely the dream of unity and peace in Somalia. We should not do that to someone who sacrificed so much for our country. But I guess done, it cannot be undone though; we should always remember the sacrifice that our heroes made for us. For that we thank them each and every one, may Allah bless them. We can never convey our gratitude with mere words; you feel it in the heart.

View some awesome Somali history videos that make you cry:

A piece of history for the rest of us:

http://www.afmaal.com/videos/sayid.daraawiish.htl

http://www.afmaal.com/videos/dhoola.tus.html

http://www.afmaal.com/videos/somaliahistory.html

ElPunto   

^Sweetheart - I can't believe you put Aabe Siyaad in there. Did you want to cause a controversey or did you want ppl to nod and smile?

Why not comparing to Siyad Barre wannabes (leader of TFG and leader of ICU) he is quite a hero. For instance Siyad Barre build roads, schools, hospitals and started a nation wide literacy program and the wannabes what they do DESTROY the whole system. Siyad Barre killed you only if you ever dared questioning his way of governing. His wannabes kill you regardless. Comparing to them he definately looks like an angel :D

Somalis always pick on the most productive persons. Siyaad barre gave somalia alot of things they never new. We were proud nation recognized everywhere. He developed Somalia and had he been in power until today, non of us would have been refugees abused everywhere. Every leader these days has hisweakside but sofar his positive contribution to somalia far outweigh his negative contribution.

Ismahaan   

Originally posted by ThePoint:

^Sweetheart - I can't believe you put
Aabe Siyaad
in there. Did you
want
to cause a controversey or did you want ppl to nod and smile?

the point sweetheart- I see your point but honest I think General Maxamed Siyaad Barre was a Somali hero. In my opinion he did his duty as a president. He constructed roads, dig maintain wells and irrigation canals. He also constructed infirmaries and schools etc. in other word basic public services such as health, education, and security were provided. Today our people are without shelter: they remain in a state of destitute characterized by hunger, poverty, disease, and lack of education. We were 1 /3 of the African superpower and richest in African continents. But we destroyed our own nation and the country Just because some of us didn’t like the guy. Thus even if he has committed a crime, I still have a great respect for him. Don’t get me wrong but after 17 years of total state collapse; our peoples continue to flee warfare, which has lasted for over a decade. The violence has forced hundreds of thousands of people to flee from their homes, claimed up to more than two million lives and left the country with some of the lowest development indicators in the world. Far more were threatened by starvation.

My question is Siyad Bare was not the problem over the last decade. What went wrong? Why didn’t we grab the moment to restore the dignity and honor of our nation? In my point of view we must forgive those who have offended us, if we will together take the leap of faith into the future. Only with united hearts shall we yell the freedom of a people benighted, because in union strong, success is sure - we shall prevail over the evil that continues to plague our nation.

May Allah bless our people and save our country.

Ismahaan   

Originally posted by Entrepreneurial_man:

Ismahan you forget alot of heroes like SYL hereos.

and also:

General daud

Ismail Jimcale

Salaad Gabeere

Bro thanks. Yes indeed the SYL, Somalia's first and most powerful party and all the other ones u and I mentioned are renowned Somali heroes and will remain that for god. smile.gif