Sign in to follow this  
Sweet_Muna

Judging a book by its cover?!

NASSRA   

SWEET_MUNA

UR RIGHT...A LOT SOMALIAN PPL JUDGE U CUZ OF HOW U DRESSS....ITS BIG ISSUE THAT WE ARE FACING THOES DAYS WITH ELDERLY...AND I DONT MEAN TO DRESS LIKE SOMEONE UR NOT...I MEAN JUST BE URSELF AND DRESS THE WAY U FEEL IS APPROPRAITE...

GOTTA BOUNCE

oppionated: nicely said, sis...

Male Somalis often think or even say that a hijab wearing sister is much better than the "un-covered" sister. Well, let ask you something: how is it that a hijab wearing sister is not paid any "special" attention by our male counter persona's? But the girl with the jeans has guys leaning out of cars going "walaaloo! Nice a$$"?

At the end of the day,admit it, guilty guys: its all about the territory and invasion of male-dominated space. These guilty guys want to MARRY a hijab girl, but are content dating supposed "wild" ones. And unless you have been favoured by Allah and granted psychic powers, I dont think anyone of us know whether a jeans-wearing girl is sinful or not.

Sweet-Muna, sis: At the end of the day, its YOUR thoughts you're left with. Dont change for or on account of anyone else, especially not Somalis (though I love my kin) they judge WAY too much. You know yourself and as rightly mentioned before, if you've got a pure heart with no bad intentions whatsoever, then I'm sure you've got nothing worry about, sis.

Must dash, Prada is having the Summer Sale and I just have to have those much-acclaimed jeans... ;)

~harmonyangel~

Qac Qaac   

let me put it this way. as we (men) when we see a woman with pants especially we somalian men we think about dating her and fooling around with her, u know like the worm up u do before the game. cause the girl left her hijab left her safe territory. I always wonder when i see women who is showing most of her body, say why r we getting raped, come on hon. You r instigating the men, nowadays they even got this perfumes that women put on, that even when u r not looking the women u will smelled it u would look at her.

so it is the nature of men, to treat the women according to her dress, if she is wearing pants and tight shirts well then men would treat her like a piece of meat, and call her names, hey BABY COME HERE, let me do u.

but if she is wearing Hijab, men automatically will respect her, and think of her as wivey caliper, she is the game, she is not those worm up girls u know.

now i didn't even mention what Islam says about Hijab, sis allah said in his Quran that a woman should wear loose fitting cloth and wear the hijab in proper way. so if u r not wearing a hijab, u r sinning, u automatically saying no to Allah. and not taking his order.

Mujahida   

wahad ilahai usamenii weysid bina adim ha uu sameynin!

I like that somali quote my father says it to me. lol but excuse my somali, i'm sure u can understand it though i hope so.

Muna, Sista our religion has taught us not wear jeans. It's made haram because we're resembling the male. All i wanna say to you is, if you wouldn't wanna sacrifice for Allah's sake than why the hell do you care about what someone else says or thinks? Whats scary and wild is the HELL think of that my sista in islam!

I used to wear pants myself, I'v been clean for 3 years now :)Alhamdulilah! It wasn't easy but It's worth it!

Wa/Salam

I remember 2 year ago I always wore pants and sometimes skirts ....Until my friends dad who knows a lot about islam preached me and told me how it is wrong and haram to wear pants because it doesn't say in the quran that we can......And that just because I live in Canada I should'nt be folling their ways or imatating their ways..............

I posted A speech done by a imam on Islam thread that talks about how it is Haram to imatate Non-muslims...........So if u were pants and tigh shirts how are u suppose to expect people to know that u are a religious person.........I don't mean to chritize but before I use to wear Jeans ( I didn't use to pray ) but after I started wearing Only skirts I started praying and being a good muslim for a while.......

Basically it's Haram for a girl to wear Hijab and with it a jean and tight shirt........What are u trying to accomplish wearing that......Well christan girl wear pants and tigh shirts cause it's not against their religion but why would u copy them if ur religion is against wearing Pants....... If u like I'll even bring proof to u that it's wrong........

If attention is what u want, then u should know that it's wrong to look for attention by showing off ur body.....And anything that shows the figure of ur body is wrong..... Every part of ur body that sticked to ur body well burn in hell which means ur whole body...

Jeans +tight shirt+ Hijab= hell........

But if ur gonna wear something like that theirs no point of even puting a hijab on......Especially if u dont even wear it properly to begin with

king_450   

sister as i was surfing i came across your writing and i felt like a rock was thrown into me to read ur article, i wish most of the true somali muslim women listen up and see that it is not in thier best interest to immitate, i for one a prgressive somali men, usually i don;t pay attention what our btlf somali women wear, but lately i am becoming little bit concern about that, i don;t know if that is good or bad, but i think u made a good point and i hope that they atleast pay attention into ur timing, good luck and may god bless u,

salam

it true and it is common when it comes to our own clan i belive gos said its haram to wear something that make you lok like a guy lakiin at the same time there is a good way to approch to someone and tell them sis can i advice you and after that let her do since you told her what was wrong and its upto her if she takes ya advice and i experianced my self when i join my university the first day i was wearing a pants and no one talk to me and all you hear is rumor these and that so the next day i decided to wear a skirt walahi ever somali men in there approch to me and you knw what they say you look different what happend and i look at them and i go like o shyt i for got to ear my pants that why and i dint do these for a purpose but i wanted to see how it fell to jurge someone so there is alot of way to tell someone what is rite and wrong other than putting them on the market.

macsalama