Sign in to follow this  
Umm al_khair

What does Islam say about having Boyfriends or Girlfriends?

Castro   

Originally posted by Goonle:

What information do u have about temporary marriage with shiite muslims. An iraqi girl told me sex was hallal we just had to do a temporary marriage. Any info?
:D:D:D

Come on G. You know better than to ask Haddad about women or sex. He knows neither and he will beat you into submission with his pedantry.

^^^^He might not know women, sex and such but at least he knows his religion unlike others. Asking silly questions which you already know the answer is an all-time true annoyance not to mention when it is about basic Deen knowledge-xalaal and xaraam!!

A formality,BTW, I can do without (That is the arooska and all it's oogie boogie bullsh!t). It is just an excuse for the bride to chemically peel her face (litterly! we are way passed Diana. carbon-based life forms). It is more like a facial edema infection waiting to happen nowadays ( I understand though, I mean Beauty is skin deep but sometimes some brides have to pull back or rather try to get rid off alot of layers dee and who can blame them?). Also it is one of the many events Husbands will have to squander all their (Yippie), and their family's (Not a good idea and only if desperate. Must be done without wife's knowledge) hard earned money (and he better with a nice big smile, do hide ilko fargeeto or ilko dawaco if you have any, no need to scare your bride or the children).

& The Republicans, for years on have dubbed your homestate & its sister state, "The Godless Pacific Northwest" . You should send this Brilliant 'ed-op' to Karl Rove. :D

Girl You arre too good for your Kind.

Besides its ok, if the Xaaji-to-be has exausted all his money on Qaad,Qabiil[talk] & Qubqalax[i just wanted to flow with the Q,here] and is not able to afford to pay for the aroos,well find a new xaaji,dont Vent :D

tempoarary marriage is known as Mut'ah. This is forbidden in isalam.

"Indeed actions are based upon intentions and for everyone is what he intended." Recorded by al-Bukhari and Muslim.

so the the intention to perform Mut'ah makes the contract null and void.

FatB   

a third person is there.

^^wat if the intention is to have a threesome does the third person count?

Nephissa   

I'm sorry, but I highly disagree. First of all, there is a thing called self control. Not every girl sleeps with her boyfriend before marriage. Some girls have standards and morals and will actually find a guy who likes them for their character and personality not their body. My mother and father dated and then found each other without ever having slept with someone else or each other before marriage. Ya Sheikh, Kuli shay bi niya. Don't go around proclaiming people shouldn't have boyfriend/girlfriend. Alot of people can resist the temptation.

Diinta is not that complicated yaakhey!

Pujah   

^^ I was trying not to go there but since you brought it up I will agree with you here and add that the original post is full of presumptions. For one boyfriend/girlfriend means totally different thing to Somalians than to the western. Most people date before marriage without committing any major sins, dating itself is not xaram its a means to find suitable husband/wife and NO not everyone has premarital sex. Though I don't disagree that being with the opposite sex is xaram without mahrim I would like to ask how many of us will feel comfortable having their dad or brother sit there while potential farax chats up to them. I think as long as two people have good intentions and are meeting in public places than dating is necessary evil.

diintu waa nasteexo walaal you cant just say everything is xaram without telling us what is xalal.

Nephissa   

u mean its NOT necessary evil.

Edited to add: Got it now, my bad! thought you meant to say NOT Necessarily evil.

But it sure is Necessary evil :D

Nephissa   

I'll make use of this double post.

edit: I mean dating is okey, not xaram as some people would like us to believe....fyi I am not about to have my dad sit in my shukansi nor am I going to setle with a guy I haven't dated

Me neither, I'd be pulling my hair or bitting my nails all through it. :D

Pujah   

Originally posted by Bishaaro:

But it sure is Necessary evil
:D

Look at you, naa learn the religion already and stop smooching the boyfriend icon_razz.gif