Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Funny Job Titles in Somalia

Abtigiis   

Dr. Cabdullahi tells me that when he was in Somalia he had a friend whose job title read " Isu-duwaha xafiiska Xanaanada Xoolaha ee Gobolka Gedo ahna Mareeyaha guud ee Warshadda Tarraqa iyo Sigaarka". Ma wax is qaadan karaa???[Coordinator of the Veterinary Office in Gedo province and General Manager of Matchs & Cigarette Factory]??

I am not sure about this one.But He also says there was a man who was "Gudoomiyaha Degmada Wardhiigleey ahna qunsulka koowaad ee Safaarada Somalia ku leedahay Djibouti".

How can he do both jobs????Somaliya was run by crazy people!!!

Waar niyow malaa dad waalan baad la sheekaysataa ,,,, the first one is possible but look at the second one. Caqli baa loo baahan yahay.

Abtigiis   

In the former Somalia, everything was possible. Meel waalan bay aheyd. When people fled in 1990s and crossed border, we saw lots of things.

When Ethiopian Civil Aviation asked people with piloting and other backgrounds to come and register in Gode, the queue was longer than when food is distributed. Waan yaabnay. War Somalia oo dhan ma Pilot bay aheyd baan nidhi. One old man who brought his middle-aged relative was asked where the man took his pilot lessons. Wuxuu yidhi, "Pilot kasta isaga ka xariifsan. 16 sanno ayuu eeriboodhka Hargeisa wardiye ka ahaa, ee ha la qoro".

Well, i don't know about the pilot thing but Somalia meel waalan may ahayn. Markaa dowlad iyo kala dambayn baa jirtay sxb.

I know there have been a lot of ISLA MARKAANA AH thing but never crossed the logic where one can be the mayor of a tuulo and ambassador in Djibouti at the same time ,,,, come on.

Again it is different waxa dadku ay sameeyaan and the formal job titles. Qofku wuxuu doono wuu odhan karaa ama samayn karaa lakin that is not a daliil to say Somalia was like this and that.

MZanzi   

Originally posted by Abtigiis & Tolka:

. One old man who brought his middle-aged relative was asked where the man took his pilot lessons. Wuxuu yidhi, "Pilot kasta isaga ka xariifsan. 16 sanno ayuu eeriboodhka Hargeisa wardiye ka ahaa, ee ha la qoro".

LooooooooL walaahi rageedi u ahaa .

money   

My eedo was hormuudka shaybaarka istibaalka - i don't have to mention the hospital name lest you guys trace her background ( lead in clinical lab for a hospital)and she was also gudoomiyaha ururka haweenka laanta sadaxaad for degmadda X- the women's organization for the 3rd precinct for district X. She had another title for the iskuduwaha ololaha nadaafadda ee xaafadda - organizer of the cleaning campaign for the district. She religiously attended every shir (conference) in the Orientation ( district headquarters). She was good at drumming and buraanbur to praise his excellency the father of revolution, Jaalle Maxamed Siyaad Barre.she participated every 21st October celebrations. with all of these titles and activities; she had a very hectic life and was very well liked and rewarded with many medals (biladd0 and certificates (Shahaadooyin) by Siad Barre's regime.

But that was a smokescreen as she was a double agent anti-revolutionary rebel who belonged to an underground group that was a predecessor for the United Somali Congress. Her husband was exiled after he joined SNM. Her was a Somalilander as her kids are now.

more about her -I can write a biography novel about her interesting life walaahi! if she lets me which I think she would if I ask.

When the USC overthrew Siad Barre, she became disillusioned with the Aideed and Ali Mahdi and joined the Red Cross.

Now she is part of the civil society and is well known in Mogadishu. She advocates for peace and human rights issues. What a journey! and what a let down! But she is good at adapting to her environment and political realities. when the Islamic courts were in power, she showed a religious side to conform to the dictates of the radical elements. When they overthrown, she conformed to Ghedi and Yusuf's warlordism to the point she took part the fake reconciliation conference held in Mogadishu. As for now, under the Ethiopian occupation, insurgency and all of that craziness, she is inventing herself working with the business community, hospitals and clinics. She has an NGO that is trying to open a kitchen soup for the displaced. recently she sent me an email to edit a proposal to solicit funding from some organizations based in Nairobi.

This lady wears many hats and never ever gave up on Somalia.She is in her late 60s or maybe early 70s. She despises those of us between the ages of 25 t0 40 who just wait her ilk to re-establish Somalia. Her education level: She finished primary and intermediate, then went to vocational school for Shaybaarnimo -Clinical lab.

that is it. She laments that her daughters & sons have masters degrees from Canada, India, Malaysia and Australia but are not willing to come back to Somalia and are only concerned about their personal life. No one follows her footsteps. She is between Somalia, Kenya and Dubai and will never join her daughters in Canada or Australia.

Gabbal   

Money-

Remarkable woman your relative is. You really should try to write a book about her. I can already imagine how the Hollywood movie would go. smile.gif

One old man who brought his middle-aged relative was asked where the man took his pilot lessons. Wuxuu yidhi, "Pilot kasta isaga ka xariifsan. 16 sanno ayuu eeriboodhka Hargeisa wardiye ka ahaa, ee ha la qoro".

:D:D:D:D:D:D

When the USC overthrew Siad Barre, she became disillusioned with the Aideed and Ali Mahdi and joined the Red Cross.

Now she is part of the civil society and is well known in Mogadishu. She advocates for peace and human rights issues. What a journey! and what a let down! But she is good at adapting to her environment and political realities. when the Islamic courts were in power, she showed a religious side to conform to the dictates of the radical elements. When they overthrown, she conformed to Ghedi and Yusuf's warlordism to the point she took part the fake reconciliation conference held in Mogadishu. As for now, under the Ethiopian occupation, insurgency and all of that craziness, she is inventing herself working with the business community, hospitals and clinics. She has an NGO that is trying to open a kitchen soup for the displaced. recently she sent me an email to edit a proposal to solicit funding from some organizations based in Nairobi.

Caasho Shaacuur ka hadleysaa u maleynaa. Iyada, Maryan Xuseen Max'ed Awreeye iyo marxuumad, the late Madiino Maxamuud Cilmi [Madiino Jeneraal, Eebba ha u naxariistee] sadexda tiir ee haweenka Banaadir u taagnaa ahayeen intii dagaalada sokeeye socdeen, waa kuwii horseedka u ahaa in dib loo furo Isbitaal Banaadir.

money   

MMA - no! these ladies (may ALLAH protect and bless them) you mentioned are giants and upfront in the struggle for peace and sanity in Somalia. My eedo is friends with them and works with them in terms of organization and fund-raising for the less fortunate victims of the senseless bloody wars in Xamar.

Horn - walaahi there are many amazing and interesting people I know that could be profiled in movies, novels, plays and so on. And I am sure these movies and novels would be hit and best-sellers. We need Somali writers and film-makers so bad! Our history, lives,being, existence, sufferings,pains, trials,struggles, survivals, resiliences, eccentricities, primitivism, sophistication, boldness, madness, passion, success, adaptations, dramas, comedies must be recorded and told to the whole wide world! libraries and studios could be filled with all the characters I met, came across or know! just the time, circumstances and tools (funding) needed is limiting me! The know-how is easily acquirable! Plus, we somalis are not yet ready for being profiled. I once tried to record in video format a very interesting Somali gathering and I met resistance. It took me more than 15 minutes to explain to them how important it was to film it but to no avail! total rejection! So maybe the next generation! or maybe I will go back to Somalia one day ( maybe after all the guns are destroyed) and start writing and making documentaries that are entertaining and enlightening!

Abtigiis   

Originally posted by money:

She had another title for the iskuduwaha ololaha nadaafadda ee xaafadda - organizer of the cleaning campaign for the district.

:D:D:D

AYOUB   

But she is good at adapting to her environment and political realities. when the Islamic courts were in power, she showed a religious side to conform to the dictates of the radical elements.

Smart lady. smile.gif