Sign in to follow this  
Laba-X

Gang Violence Documentary...

Laba-X   

Whenever issues of concern regarding the Somali community are raised, it is usually those deplorable community elders in their senile old age whose inarticulacy is only surpassed by their garrulous mouths that are at called to speak. Let’s get rid of them.

I am looking for young people to partake in a short documentary to voice their opinions regarding violence within the Somali community.

People with a first hand experience in gang violence or those who have been victims of such violence are highly preferred so that they can honour us with their presence and confer upon us their knowledge.

Why is it that the media concentrates on one aspect of the Somali community whilst disregarding the other – i.e. constantly highlighting the ills of our community with the label of violence and brushing under the carpet the instances when the Somalis fall victim to such violence?

I want someone articulate enough to do the job.

If you know any such person and can direct me or are willing to take part yourself, please send me a PM.

And if you think that you are not yet ready to show your handsome face to the world, anonymity will be provided.

It is about time we tackled the litany of criticisms often flung at the Somali community.

Due to the relatively short period of time, the sooner you make contact the better!

Fabregas   

There was a recent conference in London about youth crime. They have some of the contacts of the friends and families who were victims of youth gang violence....if you write Somali crime on facebook, you'll find the group.........