Ifiye

Mogadishu vs Abudhabi 1970-80's

galbeedi   

The propaganda of Somali tribal movements had shaped what Somalia was prior 1990, yet no one can deny that the Somalia of 1986/87 had less poverty and more developed cities than many places.

When I visited Addis Abeba in 2011, I could not believe how dirty the city was. By that time, billions of foreign aid was streaming to the country, the Tigray nomads were cashing the dollar and building hotels , and there were also a lot of investment from the Amhara and the diaspora, yet their boulevards and streets were crowded and dirty.

In 1986, Makkah Al Mukaramak was a wide  boulevard with four lanes on both sides  which was decorated with flowers and stop lights. The Mogadishu bus stops were well organized where minibuses picked and dropped passengers every half kilometer. Wide open roads, Cinemas, Shops and clean streets. How about the clean beaches of Liido and Jeziira. 

Folks, if we had kept what we had we could looked like a first world country. China changed just since 1991. India was poor third world country in 1985. It seems everyone one have grown for the last thirty years.

Because of our free wheeling nature and our entrepreneurial spirit, we could change Somalia within a decade. 

The separatist traitors could even prosper with open trade with Somalis and the world. THey can still keep their City (Hargeisa) yet share the free trade of the world that needs the strategic location of the Somali Republic. 

If they keep going these road, I swear that they will be doomed, because the Somalis attitude toward the sessenists is hardening  as time goes.