Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Dhagax.

The fall of Godeey in 1977 - John Snow reporting

John Snow from chanell 4 was reporting from the front line of O.Gadeeniya in 1977, the clip shows the captured Ethiopian base in Godeey, POW, and how they were defeated swiftly!

Back then we were a force to reckon with. It shows what we can do if we are united!

Sikaawe   

What came after that then today? Chaos, crises after crises and a real anarchy which is hard to come out of unless one is clever enough to understand what is happening around them, what a pity for Somalia today let alone for Somali Galbeed plight. Ethiopia has come back with stinging and brutal vengeance with its some of Somali stooges leading it all the way to Mugadishu, the capital of Somalia.

So, whether one likes or not, it was the Somalilander heroes in the army who defeated Ethiopia at the time and Ethiopians are well aware of it. I had once a chat with this fellow Somalilander who once was a senior army official in that war and who originally hails from Lascanod region, he told me that if it were not for northerners "who were the real warriors to the bones" we had no chance of dislodging Ethiopian from underground military defence system in Godey and Jijiga. "Military leaders or official from South in general, he said, did not know have any idea as to what a real military warfare was like"! For every question asked they would say " we did not learn this in our military course in Rome, Italy". Today's situation tells all that they hardly know right from wrong.......which is a pity.

^ You are welcome saaxiib. I think is worth mentioning Somalis were united then and they all did well.

No need to dive sxb. There were great military leader from south as well as north.

Sikaawe   

I am not diving at all sxb, but only was saying what the truth is. However you look to have understood my comment with bit of envy which is a natural human being feeling. Anyway no hard feeling here, I can understand that the truth hurts but does not kill!

Originally posted by Sikaawe:

What came after that then today? Chaos, crises after crises and a real anarchy which is hard to come out of unless one is clever enough to understand what is happening around them, what a pity for Somalia today let alone for Somali Galbeed plight. Ethiopia has come back with stinging and brutal vengeance with its some of Somali stooges leading it all the way to Mugadishu, the capital of Somalia.

So, whether one likes or not, it was the Somalilander heroes in the army who defeated Ethiopia at the time and Ethiopians are well aware of it. I had once a chat with this fellow Somalilander who once was a senior army official in that war and who originally hails from Lascanod region, he told me that if it were not for northerners "who were the real warriors to the bones" we had no chance of dislodging Ethiopian from underground military defence system in Godey and Jijiga. "Military leaders or official from South in general, he said, did not know have any idea as to what a real military warfare was like"! For every question asked they would say " we did not learn this in our military course in Rome, Italy". Today's situation tells all that they hardly know right from wrong.......which is a pity.

Yaa kula murmuuyu?

Sikawer,

I can hardly see the truth in saying "it was the Somalilanders who defeated the Ethiopian" and then based your argument on what one guy from Somaliland told you. :confused:

Kamaavi   

Originally posted by Xaaji Dhagax.:

^ By who? Pls dont say ONLF!

^ redface.gif Yes. Tell me who else would want Godey to be freed permanently now?

I am afraid you will say Suna wal jameecah( or worse the shabaabs). :D

^lool. The ONLF is all talk sxb. They need to convince the locals and get their support first before the impark on any revolution

Also, they don't have clear plan, do they want to be a country of their own? do they want to be part of Somaliweyn? What are their plans?

Qori la iska qaato oo la xadreeyo meel lagu matago sxb.

Abtigiis   

Xaji Dhagax,

You can't just wake up at the end of December 2009 and pretend you are starting a whole new discussion of ONLF issues. You have a lot to catch up. Take time and read what is covered and what is not covered as far as this issue is concerened.

Ileen cisha walba Pirate hor leh in cashirka kow looga bilaabo ma ahee! :D:D:D

Originally posted by Abtigiis & Tusbax:

Xaji Dhagax,

You can't just wake up at the end of December 2009 and pretend you are starting a whole new discussion of ONLF issues. You have a lot to catch up. Take time and read what is covered and what is not covered as far as this issue is concerened.

Ileen cisha walba Pirate hor leh in cashirka kow looga bilaabo ma ahee!
:D:D:D

Adeer Cashar uma baahani ani, inta aan ka aqaano ayaa igu filan. Waxaaba laga yaabaa inaan kaaga war roonahay!

Ee adi maxaad ka leedahay arinkaan!