Sign in to follow this  
Tuujiye

New England Squad..lol..

Tuujiye   

This article is funny.. This guys sounds like Norf oo calaacalaayo loool.. England iyo World Cup goormaa laka leexin doonaa? lool

am sorry to go on about England again but this week has developed into something of a farce.

Fabio Capello names his twenty-three man squad and no sooner has he done so than keeper Paul Robinson and defender Wes Brown have both withdrawn from the squad and from international football as a whole.

Surprised

Then, at the Community Shield game on Sunday, it was clear that Capello was surprised that Michael Carrick was playing as he had left him out due to injury. It really would seem that the communication between the England management and the players leaves a little to be desired.

You have to look at the reasons that Robinson and Brown were called up in the first place and then at the reasons why they have withdrawn. Robinson says he doesn’t want to be third or fourth choice keeper and Brown says he wants to move aside to let a younger player take his place.

Future

Paul Robinson is thirty years old, has forty-one England caps and has been playing at the top level for twelve years. Just a few weeks ago Fabio Capello rated David James, Robert Green and Joe Hart above Robinson. If Capello has decided to discard Green and James then I fully support him in that, but what is the point in recalling Robinson now? Surely this is the time to look to the future, not the past.

Likewise, Wes Brown is also thirty years old. He has twenty-three England caps and has also been at the top for twelve years. An ageing and slowing Jamie Carragher was hauled out of retirement rather than Brown being selected a few weeks ago yet Capello now thinks he is the man to take England forward?

Fiasco

After the fiasco in South Africa Capello has to create a new team now that he can guide and nurture towards the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. They need to gel quickly and gather the experience of four years at international level together and playing in the Euros, before tackling the big one.

You have to support the selection of Joe Hart, Ben Foster, Gary Cahill, Michael Dawson, Kieran Gibbs, Glen Johnson, Phil Jagielka, Adam Johnson, James Milner, Ashley Young, Theo Walcott, Jack Wilshire, Carlton Cole, Darren Bent and Wayne Rooney. That is fifteen players who deserve a chance and are young enough to play on for several years.

Nothing

Also in the squad however are Ashley Cole 29, John Terry 29, Gareth Barry 29, Steve Gerrard 30 and Frank Lampard 32. That is five players who will be in their mid-thirties come the next World Cup who have three hundred and fifty-one caps between them and have won or come close to winning absolutely nothing. Surely it is a fair question to ask what they are still doing there?

As for Bobby Zamora, well he deserves his chance but at twenty-nine years old and with twenty-six goals in eighty-five games for Fulham it is also doubtful as to whether he is the future of English football.

Argument

I know there is a strong argument to say that you need to keep experienced players in alongside the younger ones, but these are experienced players who have experienced nothing but failure at international level. If the younger players are played every game from now on they will be experienced and young come the next World Cup. It worked for Germany!

I just fail to understand why players like Joe Cole and Aaron Lennon have been discarded without having much of a chance to show what they could do, yet players who have had every chance and blown it are still getting picked.

Can anybody help?

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Tuujiye   

What would England do with out Steve Gerrard? looool

Boby Zamora finaly gets his chance! and so did Ashley Young..

Wareer Badanaa!!!

N.O.R.F   

The article is 100% correct. Good analysis lol.

Capello is thinking:

Why didn't I play that system?

Why didn't I take Adam Johnson and Ashley Young?

Why didn't I play Joe Hart?

NGONGE   

^^ Would have still lost to Germany. England's problem has never been about plans and tactics, saaxib. They 'ave no bottle. :D

N.O.R.F   

He did make some mistakes. He even admitted it himself. I'm sure he refrets not taking a left footed winger, not playing 451 vs Germany and wishes Zamora stayed fit (did you see his performance in the 2nd half?).

NGONGE   

Yes I did. It was against a rubbish team and there was nothing at stake (other than the manager's reputation). I still insist that England would have faced the same outcome with or without Capello's mistakes. War raggo waa wada fulayaal dee.

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Yes I did. It was against a rubbish team and there was nothing at stake (other than the manager's reputation). I still insist that England would have faced the same outcome with or without Capello's mistakes. War raggo waa wada fulayaal dee.

The same bunch of players did better in the previous world cup. There are murmurings coming out now about a military style camp with Capello as the dictator :D

They choked because they were afraid of the coach :D

Polanyi   

England press are jokers wale. They've been going on about how they need to plan for the long term for several weeks, and then they lose the plot after one poor game after hungary. As for Capello, I don't think he particularly cares that much. He'll just wait for them to sack him with his compensation leave or finish his contract with the big salary. The How the hell do you call up the reserve watford keeper? errrm, because he is young.whole thing is a circus, frankly.

Polanyi   

ps. when hungary started chanting the name of their country in their friendly against SOmalia, what did the Somalis fans chant? "So are we,So are we". lollllllllllll.

NGONGE   

Previous world cup? Here are the reports of all three group games in the 2006 one:

England stuttered to victory in their Group B opener in Frankfurt thanks to a third-minute Paraguay own goal.

England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson will be happier with the points than the performance.

But England will not complain, and rightly so with their history of making slow starts to major tournaments.

Peter Crouch and Steven Gerrard spared England's blushes with late goals against Trinidad & Tobago to book their place in the last 16 of the World Cup.

It had looked like being a major embarrassment for England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson, with his team short on ideas and confidence.

They created plenty of chances without ever being in total control of the match and can count themselves fortunate to have got out of jail.

England will play Ecuador in the last 16 of the World Cup after securing a draw with Sweden to top Group B.

It was an improved display from England, but they will be concerned by the way they struggled after the break having dominated the first half.

England knew if they could win or draw they would avoid a knock-out encounter with in-form hosts Germany.

England were buzzing, Joe Cole and Rooney in particular, and Frank Lampard and Rooney shot just over as England tried to double their lead.

But they were hit by a sucker-punch six minutes after the break, as Allback rose all too easily to glance home a Tobias Linderoth corner.

Just as England looked like they were on the rack, Joe Cole crossed for Gerrard to nod in at the far post.

But they were denied a first win over Sweden since 22 May 1968 when they failed to clear another ball pumped into their box and Larsson pounced to poke home.

David Beckham became the first England player to score at three World Cups as his free-kick earned a quarter-final tie against Portugal on Saturday.

Beckham defied illness to curl home from 30 yards on the hour mark, but England made hard work of Ecuador.

Again Eriksson will point to a job done, but again it was an England display which will produce more questions than answers.

Playing a 4-1-4-1 formation with Wayne Rooney up front alone, England looked comfortable and clumsy in equal measure on a strange afternoon in Stuttgart.

It was a Jekyll and Hyde performance from England - one minute keeping the ball with ease, the next giving it away and inviting pressure on to them.

I shall not post bits from the Portugal game, read it at your leisure.

In 2002, they played rubbish against Sweden, did ok against Argentina and didn't bother against Nigeria. In the round of sixteen, they met and beat mighty Denmark. In the quarter finals, they lost to Brazil.

In 98, they finished second in their group after losing to Romania (remember the former Chelsea full back scoring that goal against them? Tuujiye didn't support Chelsea back then). In the second round, they lost to Argentina on penalties.

They didn't qualify in 1994 as I'm sure you remember Graham Taylor's rubbish team back then. But they did in 1990 and struggled in the group stages then met easy teams in both the round of sixteen and the quarters (I mean Belgium? Cameroon?) and when they met the Germans, they lost like they always do. This year, they had the misfortune of meeting the Germans early on. :D