Sign in to follow this  
galbeedi

Incompetence and corruption has created two speakers in Somaliland

galbeedi   

Which world this incompetent people live?

Haddii cid lagu aaminayo waa" la i dhaariyey", miyaanu ogayn in maalin walba siyaasiyinta iyo wasiiradu ay Kitaabka Suuban gacanta saaraan , maalka ummadana dhacaan.

Every statement this fool makes must be rejected out right. He claimed that he managed the impeachment against late president Cigaal twenty years ago. I do not believe one single word this man says.

galbeedi   

The system of government has ceased to exist long time ago. This parliament did not hold any meaningful voting for seven years. Other than the Dubai Port issue which was forced through coercion and bribes, not one single meaningful vote was held in this champers. While responsible government and accountability is gaining ground in Somalia, Hargeisa administration is been dismantled as we speak.

We live in the 21st century and these stooges could not manage the voting of 77 members. They should have the recordings of major parliamentary proceedings. Since they are backward and weak government, they should have at least tabulated in paper and loudly announced the names of the members after their names was called.

How can you trust a lowly secretary to count hands and announce the result without proper check and balances.

He said that he has " swore to up hold the integrity of the vote", No one should believe this man or his claims. What people need is concrete proofs to verify the result.

Magaalada Hargeisa waxa jir dad horjooga maxakamadaha oo kuu markhaati furaya haddii aad waxooga lacaga bixiso. Sidaa darteed Markhaati beenaale Hargeisa wuu buuxaa. Dawladnimana laguma maamula waan dhaartay.

Trust the system not the individual. Xariifkan cadayn ayaa laga rabaa.

The opposition should hold it's ground and the courts should handle the issue,. If this secretary can not furnish concrete proof, a second vote should take place.

Kulaha waa la i dhaariyey.

If these guys can not manage the voting of 77 members in a room, how could they manage election?. Expect mayhem.

This is a serious issue. But the root cause is technical issue.

Firstly, it is a very close election, we are talking about a difference of a single vote here between the two candidates. When it is this close and no candidate can claim an outright majority, then you can expect this kind of after affect. Specially when the issue comes down to the technical issue.

The idea of using "hands raised" as a method of voting belongs to the age of under the tree gatherings not in modern Somaliland. It is a farcry when you compare the technology that is being used for the upcoming Presidential elections which is among the best in the world.

My call is for Mr. Talyanle to mount another challenge if he thinks that he has the numbers in the parliament.

galbeedi   

Suldaanka,

What you have stated is a logical post. Who would have thought that a hand raised in a hall will be the final call of deciding an important election.

Then you said , " It is a farcy when you compare the technology that is being used for the upcoming Presidential elections which is among the best in the world".

Well, if they can not tabulate properly for 77 votes in a single room, what makes you think that they could manage a new technology that needs modern knowledge.

For those of us in the diaspora, is like pulling a horse and buggy in the 21st century. My problem is the slow moving chairman Cirro is laying low as usual.

I think the old mantra of "if it ain't broke don't fix it" applied here. This method of casting votes has served the parliament well for many years. But what is different today is that, this is an Election year. Everything is under the microscope and spotlights. People are being pulled in every corner by ruthless politicians who are only after their ballets.

In this respect, I think the house must learn a lesson and this current issue should serve as an opportunity to modernise the way the house goes about its business. Somaliland deserves better from its Members of Parliament.

The upcoming election is going to be the most dynamic and most polarising yet. This time no one knows who will win. The numbers are neck and neck between the ruling Kulmiye Party and main opposition Waddani Party.

It could go down to the wire.

But one thing I am 100% certain about is that, even after hard fought election, Somaliland will get through stronger and more united.

For me, the two main political groups are the two heads of the same coin. I see no difference. Both political parties will advance the big picture issues i.e. Somaliland's quest for recognition.