Sign in to follow this  
Bluelicious

Windows 10 on Macbook

I need help from the IT experts and people with personal experiences. I'm contemplating to switch from Mac OS X to Windows 10.

- Does it influence the performance of the Macbook if I change the operating system to Windows?

- Do all programs run smoothly or do some programs work best with Mac OS X?

- Does anybody use Windows on their macbook? What are your experiences?

- Are there other things that I need to take in consideration?

Thanks in advance :)

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

since no one else is replying, I would advice against it. I am assuming you want to do it through bootcamp, I downloaded it for school and even I rarely switch over to the windows side anymore. issues include

text/fit issues

sound is very low on the windows

speed is slower when using windows, freezes often.

seems windows kills battery much faster

but the biggest downside is not being able to work between the two platforms, they are essentially two computers.

keep in mind that this could be limited to my computer. I did partition my mac between windows and os which could give different result than providing more space to windows.

also if you do want to proceed with it, call apple support as they will guide you through the process. I wiped my memory with a single click.

there are also pay options like http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/buy/

best of luck

Hello AB.

My plan is to remove Mac OS X and replace it with Windows through bootcamp. I don't want both of them to co-exist via partition. I can imagine that it takes alot of space and slows down the whole performance which gives you problems. That's what I was avoiding in the first place.

I've done partition on Windows on my old laptop. It started giving me the same problems you mentioned and I solved it by removing the extra partition. After that things went back to normal. For that reason I don't wanna do partition again.

There's not alot of people who have Windows on their Macbook. Therefore i'll call Apple support and ask a computer expert because I still wanna do it.

Thanks for your input it's much appreciated.

Mooge it's more then gorgeous. I'm still admiring the beauty. It even has Siri, just mind blowing! Take a look at the performances and specifications. Wow! :D

I'm loving it and want a Macbook pro 13. Mooge didn't know you were also into Apple products. High five :D

Mooge what do you think of the Iphone 7?