Sign in to follow this  
Gheelle.T

Michael Eric Dyson's piece On Prof. West, a fair critique or diatribe?

Cornel West’s rage against President Barack Obama evokes that kind of venom. He has accused Obama of political minstrelsy, calling him a “Rockefeller Republican in blackface”; taunted him as a “brown-faced Clinton”; and derided him as a “neoliberal opportunist.”

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/121550/cornel-wests-rise-fall-our-most-exciting-black-scholar-ghost

Obama run as a progressive candidate and governs on center-right policies. So West's critique of Obama's policies specially his foreign policy is fair on most parts. Not sure what got on Dyson to go off like this on West, maybe a personal jealousy! Anyway, I thought this may be interesting read (very long) and shared with you.

I understand much of West's rants against Obama seems overly personal, but I am taken aback by Dyson's pedantic behavior here. :)

Dyson himself speculated that West would be unlikely to match his response because of West’s less-frequent written output (“He doesn’t write”).

Listen to Dyson's interview below: