Sign in to follow this  
ailamos

Arsene Wenger: Barcelona Are 'The Best Team I've Ever Seen'

ailamos   

Spanish club was at its majestic best at the Emirates

By Anthony Sciarrino

Apr 5, 2010 11:19:00 PM

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has confessed that this Barcelona side, who the Gunners play in the second leg of the Champions League quarter-finals on Tuesday, are ‘the best team that I’ve ever seen.’

Despite the flattering comment about the quality of the Catalan giants, the Frenchman still believes that his squad can defeat Barcelona and advance to the Champions League semi-finals.

In order to accomplish that feat Wenger’s side will have to overcome injuries to Cesc Fabregas, William Gallas, Andrey Arshavin and Alexandre Song to overcome what the Gunners boss has called the greatest team he has faced.

"This is the best team I've ever seen and the best team I've ever faced,” Wenger told The Sun.

"They play at a higher pace collectively and I don't think we have ever been dominated so much at home. Certainly Cesc hasn't!

"He's used to having the ball. I think there was the psychological influence of us being so used to having the ball, then suddenly we didn't have the ball.

"The impression was deeper on the players than it should have been.

"I think we have to make some things different on Tuesday to make sure that it doesn't happen again."

Barcelona is not without missing first-team players such as Andres Iniesta, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Yaya Toure injured and defenders Carles Puyol and Gerard Pique suspended.

Despite the weakened Barcelona squad, Arsenal have some work to do as Barcelona still go into the Nou Camp with two away goals and the initiative will have to come from the Gunners.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/174/uefa-champions-league/2010/04/05/1865520/arsenals-arsene-wenger-b arcelona-are-the-best-team-ive-ever

Polanyi   

If you suppport arsenal, i apostate from supporting this club. :mad:

ps. very good tactics from master wenger. make the enemy feel at ease and then: click, click, bang.

Tuujiye   

^^ lool team dhan miyaa sidaas ku nacee? wax waalan....

Barca is not weak even with out all does players..

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Wigad   

the guys have world class starters and even more clasier bench they are definitely not short on talent.