Sign in to follow this  
Kulmiye

World cup and hopes for favorite teams

Kulmiye   

just wondering who may show up for the brazilian team at the World Cup -will it be Kaka with his hernia issue, and i also heard that Adriano and Ronaldinho will come along just to warm the bench. hey as long as Júlio César is on the field they should be good right?

I am behind three teams in this world cup-

Brazil-

Ghana

Cameroon-

Nigeria- Afrika is hosting it; so that should be a home field advantage for the afrikans (right)?

what are your teams and expectations or hopes for them?

Abtigiis   

Here is what the maestro Marcello Lippi said today.

Yet despite his bullish talk, the pragmatic Lippi does not believe his side should be ranked among the leading favourites. “Brazil and Spain are the teams to beat, without question,” he says. “We’re in the next group along with France, England, Argentina and Netherlands. They are all sides that believe they can win whenever they go the World Cup.”

I would take Lippi's words over that of Tuujiye and Norf when it comes to Football.

The Problem with Tuujiye and Norf is they lack the perspective. They watch too much English football and then conclude Darren Gibson is better than Ribery!

NGONGE   

^^ I don't know about Tuujiye (though he displays very worrying signs of Norf-ism, occasionally). But I know that Norf has not got any of his predictions right in at least ten years. :D

Is it me or is Kulmiye above having a problem with his numbers?

(it is between Brazil and Spain so far).

Abtigiis   

I share this comment I saw on the BBC- about Brazil.

They work hard as a team, are strong in defense, have talent and it will take a good team (or lucky one) to beat them in the World Cup.

And this one too, not about Ronaldinho though.

can see what dunga is doing and agree result-wise it brings results. I`d say they are like a poor mans brazil circa 2002. Then `Big Phil` had a balance of workers and water carriers(gilberto silva,kleberson) and even employed 3 at the back with the two sitting central midfielders. This allowed the two full-backs to bomb forward and the 3 R`s to combine closely causing havoc. It was entertaining to watch then during a world cup lacking top quality for the most part. Against argentina twice, and italy twice they have torn them to shreds with their sound and polished keep ball passing in deeper areas and then sprung in deadly fashion through Maicon, or Kaka/robinho. Whilst not being as dazzling as many other Brazil sides they are highly skilled but i belive Dunga only wants it in bursts and will use their skill as if it came from a tap. i think they need that 2nd defensive midfielder is pivotal and without it their pressuring wouldnt be as effective. the 1998 and 2006 teams were qite similar in their reckless abandon at times and neither time Ronaldo alone couldnt save them . I do feel that they could do with Ronaldinho and Ronaldo in their squad though. Matchwinners are matchwinners after all.

Abtigiis   

Spanish attack is better than that of Brazil, Brazil defence is much stronger than that of Spain. I think Spain are susciptible fromset-pieces and counter-attacks.

Meanwhile, Brazil can be stopped if you mark them up the field before they reach the third-half. I have seen that they struggle to creat anything if you shut down Maicon and the left full back. But again, few teams can do that. Most retreat and invite Brazil attack. Or try to attack and are caught by the speed of light counter attack.

Haatu   

As usual I'm with the Dutch. Although they got rid of that guy, they still can win it. Plus the football they play is fust wonderful.

Kulmiye   

Saxib, i have to show some love to my Africans, however i'm with Brazil, and i agree with you that Spain and Brazil are the teams to beat in this world cup- i'm scare of the Spanish attack walahay.

Tuujiye   

I think Argentina will do better than Brazil this world cup... This Brazil team is lucky if they come out of their group....

Spain wont win but they will go far...

I like Holland and I really think they have a chance this year..not to mention they are in South Africa which is like a home country to them...

Italy alwyas finds ways to come to the semis lool....

The "Shockers" the team that will shock the world this year is Serbia!!! I said it hadaba xasuusta..Serbia will upset teams this year and they will start with Germany........

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Kulmiye   

Tuujiye, Saxib Argentina waa little too old. I dont think they have the physical or the mental preparation to beat some of the other powerhouses. oh and dont overlook the Brazilian roster- trust me they know how to play together. "Shockers" I got my pick on USA.

Oz   

Spain or England.

Brazil will be thereabouts, as per usual but they look too defensive for a Brazilian team, where's the flair Dunga?

Argentina would be capable with their squad, imagine if Messi, Aguero & Co all clicked, the stumbling block is that short fat granny they currently have as coach. :D

Tuujiye   

Kulmiye Argentina is one of the youngest team from south America if not the youngest..don't look at the old man Veron lool....

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Polanyi   

Come one, guys. low it, nagadaya, please. It's way too early to be getting obsessed about the world cup. let us enjoy the epl and champions league, then in may world cup fever will kick in. The world cup does not truly being until all my white neighbours put england flags on their windows and everyone starts wearing cheap football shirts. it's bloody winter still.

the last mohican.

edit: brazil will be had if they start with the same team as they did against Ireland. Melo and Gilberto just make simple passes. Robinho is a coward. Kaka is the only creative force and if teams stop him brazil are khalased.