Sign in to follow this  
Mahiigaan

motional and psychologically traumatisedE

I have been a frequent reader of SOL for a long time before becoming a member. The reason was the strict policy of the site in those days and beng a regular member was fairly difficult.

I have across many Somali forums and all of them share the same trend of discussion: division and tribalism. I personally never experienced the harsh times of wars of the civil war in Somalia. I have been in school in those days and rarely used to meet other Somalis. There was no single black person in my class let alone Somalis. My early years were shaped by the environment I was living in, an evironment without tribalism and freedom. Tribal affiliation is an alien thing to me, what I care most is friendship. I believe I am lucky thanks to my liberal attitude where the problems of clans are out of domain. My best friends are those from my school years who have the same attitude as mine.

I have met some individuals in this forum who are fulminated with very serious tribal beliefs. They become so agitated and very abusive towards others without respecting the feeling of their peers. One particular fellow is suffering from psychological problems and believe this forum would have been a better place without him. This guy indeed cracks my nerves. He is uncivil with village or outback mannerisms.