Sign in to follow this  
BOB

Who's The Best Player In The World?

BOB   

Xavi Hernandez ALL DAY LONG.

Somalis talk about Iniesta while the whole world sees Xavi as the man who makes Barca tick..typical maryooleey always seeing things differently. smile.gif

Don't get me wrong Iniesta is great player with amazing dribbling skills but Xavi has it all and whoever came up with this nonsense that Xavi performs better with Iniesta?

Xavi is 30 years old and has been in Barca first team since he was 18 and he has been consistent through out his career, always getting his assists, always keeping position and he was lucky with injuries if you consider he's only been out for 5 months with his cruciate ligament while Iniesta has been unlucky with injuries.

Last night in the El Clasico Barca scored 2 goals...who created both? (No A&T it was not Dani Alves )Messi was given enough chances to finish Madird off and get his hattrick and I thought they lost their shape a bit when Iniesta came on because he kept the ball and failed to release it on time thus missing the chance to spot the counter attack.

Again I'm not saying Iniesta is not world class but I just think its him who benefits from playing with the little maestro Xavi rather than the other way around and the world agrees with me on this one because he was voted as the best player at Euro 2008 (I thought Senna was unlucky not to win it as well) he was also the man of the match in 2009 champions league final and ultimately he was voted as the best midfielder in the champions league.

A&T would argue that Gilberto Silva (Arsenal Legend) or Felipe Melo are better than him...you can just see A&T coming up with the most shocking stats and a long list of make believe players with exotic names for the Selecao. :D

The moral of the story...I'm a fan of Xavi and you know he's million miles ahead of NGONGE's Lucas. :D

Peace, Love & Unity.

N.O.R.F   

Agreed. First rated him back in 04 when Dhino joined and they narrowly missed out on La Liga. Along with Deco and Iniesta they had a great midfield.

Tuujiye   

BOB I think Xavi is the best midfielder in the world saaxiib.. the guy reminds me Zidane in many ways other than the scoring ability... Xavi is the best spanish player and the main man for Barca....

Laakiin BOB, sorry saaxiib I can't say he is the best player in the world lool.. saaxiib cunugaan Messi ah walaahi caadi ma aha..and yes he sometimes gets chances from Xavi but he creates his chances inside the box saaxiib.. we haven't seen this for a long time in any players.. he also goes deep to midfield and brings the ball up which we sometimes see his real possision... Messi would do the same in Midfield as Xavi is doing and he could attack really good... I think Messi is more overall player than Xavi is...

Laakiin BOB I really think Xavi is the best midfield player in the world today...

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Oz   

Originally posted by *BOB:

Xavi Hernandez ALL DAY LONG.

Somalis talk about Iniesta while the whole world sees Xavi as the man who makes Barca tick..typical maryooleey always seeing things differently.
smile.gif

Don't get me wrong Iniesta is great player with amazing dribbling skills but Xavi has it all and whoever came up with this nonsense that Xavi performs better with Iniesta?

Xavi is 30 years old and has been in Barca first team since he was 18 and he has been consistent through out his career, always getting his assists, always keeping position and he was lucky with injuries if you consider he's only been out for 5 months with his cruciate ligament while Iniesta has been unlucky with injuries.

Last night in the El Clasico Barca scored 2 goals...who created both? (No A&T it was not Dani Alves )Messi was given enough chances to finish Madird off and get his hattrick and I thought they lost their shape a bit when Iniesta came on because he kept the ball and failed to release it on time thus missing the chance to spot the counter attack.

Again I'm not saying Iniesta is not world class but I just think its him who benefits from playing with the little maestro Xavi rather than the other way around and the world agrees with me on this one because he was voted as the best player at Euro 2008 (I thought Senna was unlucky not to win it as well) he was also the man of the match in 2009 champions league final and ultimately he was voted as the best midfielder in the champions league.

A&T would argue that Gilberto Silva (Arsenal Legend) or Felipe Melo are better than him...you can just see A&T coming up with the most shocking stats and a long list of make believe players with exotic names for the Selecao.
:D

The moral of the story...I'm a fan of Xavi and you know he's million miles ahead of NGONGE's Lucas.
:D

Peace, Love & Unity.

Any chance you could squeeze a little more bollocks into that post? Am kiddin :D Surely his the best midfielder at the moment, his been under-rated for so long. I still think in order to be considered THE best you have to score more goals ie fabregas scores and does what Xavi does.

AYOUB   

icon8.gif

posted 15 March, 2010 04:27 PM

Originally posted by Abtigiis & Tusbax:

With a doubt, Rooney is the best player right now.

Abtigiis   

My seemingly contradictory comments on who is best makes a lot of sense for those who can tell strikers from midfielders. Otherwise, Tiger Woods is the best, doesn't necessarily mean Rooney is not.

I thought even BOB is saying Xavi is the best midfielder. I know football is not Ayoub's forte, and don't mind his confusion.

AYOUB   

^ Allow haa iyo maya meel ha nagaga wada yeedhsiin. smile.gif

What's the title of the thread? Why is Bob comparing Xavi to Ronaldo and Messi?

Ngonge

He should've said that was March, this is April. :D

Abtigiis   

I don't think BOB is comparing Xavi to Ronaldo and Messi. And if he is doing that, it is a great shame. You cannot compare Micheal Jordan with Usain Bolt. You cannot compare Walter Zenga to Roberto Baggio as well.

Xavi is a midfielder and you can only comapre him to Fabregas and players who play in the same place. But if you want to talk about the best footballer is awarded out of all players in different positions, then they are weighed based on their contributions for a given team. And on that count, it is those either score goals or stop goals from being scored against their team. Romario was voted best player and not Zinho. You can argue whether that is fair or not, but that is how it is in football world.

Xavi is an excellent player but still I will rate Rooney and Messi above him.

Again, Ayoub, I know you are a wise man, but on entirely different subjects. Not football. Here, you seem as confused as a mad ewe.

AYOUB   

^Not at all. :D I never claimed to be an expert in the first place. A&T is being defensive for no reason. smile.gif

I don't think BOB is comparing Xavi to Ronaldo and Messi. And if he is doing that, it is a great shame. You cannot compare Micheal Jordan with Usain Bolt. You cannot compare Walter Zenga to Roberto Baggio as well.

He did or at least that's my understanding (Read title and then read Page 1 post # 1)

Xavi is an excellent player but still I will rate Rooney and Messi above him.

Have you just contradicted yourself? smile.gif Waar ducada iska qaado oo aamiin dheh. :D

Only one player wins Ballon d'Or "player of the year" through comparing their cotribution to the team to others'. Buffon came 2nd in 2006 and was one of the nominees for last years' competition, wasn't he? Ma sharaxaad baa loo magacaabay?

BOB   

Guys marka hore Salam Aleikum.

I'm not COMPARING anyone to anyone here...I just stated that I would've given my vote as the Best Player In The World (Last Year) to Xavi because he's doing for more than what Zidane has ever done for Juventus which is create goals for your strikers.

Di Livio used to provide more assists for Del Piero & Inzaghi than Zidane yet people would never give Di Livio a time.

I laugh when people claim that Zidane is the most talented player of his generation...! What about Ronaldo Luiz Nazario Da Lima?

Yeah Zidane is few years older than him but where was Zidane in 96,97 & 98 when Ronaldo was ABSOLUTELY the most consistent player on the planet?

I know we'll never know for a fact but I higly doubt it if France could've beaten Brazil with healthy Ronaldo.

As far as I'm concerned Ronaldo is the most talented player in his generation and that includes Zidane...just imagine what Ronaldo would've done and achieved had injury not plagued him.

I know my brother Northerner would never accept this but that's my opinion and I stand by that comment simply because Ronaldo was MAGIC.

PS. A&T...adigu meel walba ceebtaadaa loogu tagaa...bal Rooney maxaad ka doontay? they say FORM is temporary and CLASS is permanent...Messi waa wax kale sheydaanka gaaban...I can wait until people start to speculate about his age because ninkani ka weyn 22. :D

Peace, Love & Unity.