Sign in to follow this  
Odey

Mogadishu Folks demanding Hassan Sheikh to Step down

I doubt his is real significant there is no stepping down these MPS were not elected by the people so who cares. Hassan will finish his term and so will saacid farax. Perhaps he might even get a second term aslong as his qatari buddies support him.

Odey   

Xaaji Xunjuf;971011 wrote:
I doubt his is real significant there is no stepping down these MPS were not elected by the people so who cares. Hassan will finish his term and so will saacid farax. Perhaps he might even get a second term aslong as his qatari buddies support him.

Cant say what will happen, but for the moment things don't look good for the current Admin. They are loosing support at every turn. Besides, in politics, it takes only one person to start a revolution and when people start to openly ask for your resignation right under your noses including your own MP's then you are in trouble

It doesn't really matter whether they have support or not these leaders were not elected by the people,aslong as the goverment has the mandate and the the African union troops they have nothing to worry.

Xaaji Xunjuf;971013 wrote:
It doesn't really matter whether they have support or not these leaders were not elected by the people,aslong as the goverment has the mandate and the the African union troops they have nothing to worry.

Neither was he elected by the people. I wonder if the MPs have the power of a no confidence vote.

Yeah he was selected by a unelected body nevertheless i doubt they can form a threat to him in the Parliament, this only happens sometimes with the pm.

Odey   

Xaaji Xunjuf;971017 wrote:
Yeah he was selected by a unelected body nevertheless i doubt they can form a threat to him in the Parliament, this only happens sometimes with the pm.

Actually, in accordance with the Constitution, the President, Speaker and PM can be impeached with a 2/3 majority of the parliament. so, yes it can be done.Whether it happens or not is another story, but the mechanisms are enshrined in the Constitution.

Odey   

Xaaji Xunjuf;971013 wrote:

So did Abdullahi Yusuf AUN and he was forced to abandon ship midterm! One thing you should know Xaaji, anything is possible in Politics!

And how are they going to find 2/3 of the Parliament trust me the constitution it self is being reviewed,Somalis are not people of Constitution. The TFG charter had the same but it never had any effect.

Odey   

Xaaji Xunjuf;971020 wrote:
And how are they going to find 2/3 of the Parliament trust me the constitution it self is being reviewed,Somalis are not people of Constitution. The TFG charter had the same but it never had any effect.

You are missing the point........scroll up