Sign in to follow this  
nuune

Air Uganda makes inaugural flight to Mogadishu

Juxa   

This is very welcome news. I hated flying through the Dubai route (neefta kugu ceshomi) and on top of them you will share the flight with smelly things such as fish and goats

Turkish airlines have awful customer service records, they treat somalida like qashin, so i dont want to fly with them again.

Now London to uganda waa meeqa lacag iyo saac? connectionka to xamar waa meeqa saac? iyo welibe transit timeka! bal intaa hala iga jawaabo adinkoo mahadsan

nuune   

Apophis;967572 wrote:
I think "huge traffic" is an overstatement of the facts. Kenya, with its millions of yearly visitors, has only 49 International flights landing at the main airport. At the moment the only people who are visiting Mogadishu, for the most part, will be diaspora with local connections and thus the traffic will stabilise in the coming 2-3 yrs. I estimate there won't be more than 15-20 (max) international flights landing in that airport.

At one day on January this year, there were 40 flights to Mogadishu, one day alone on that, believe it or not, yes, Kenya may seem attractive, but it is not only diaspora who fly to Mogadishu, huge traffic comes from the Middle East, and Somalis who own businesses in Kenya.

Juxa, return flight to Mogadishu from London via Kampala is 800 Pound, transit at Entebbe varies with which airline you choose to fly from London, in all, not more than 3 hours(you need this as a rest for a non stop 8 hour flight), with that price, and only one transit, you will beat the Turkish at Istanbul transit and then Djibouti/Khartoum transit.

Juxa   

Nuune thanks but marabo £800 inaan bixiyo, waxaana rabaa inaan kambala ayaantoo joogo...xal keen?

nuune;967442 wrote:
inaar, maantoo kale anigu ciyaar ma doonayo, ee saas ula soco, inaar, hadaad mar danbe wax ii soo qorto kurkaan kuu dheereyn ee saa ula soco, inaaar

inaar,

what's this i hear about the air Uganda crushing.

can you confirm?

p.s - you seems pissed yesterday. i hope all is well. waan kuu soo ducayn baal.

ElPunto   

Anything that brings down the ridiculous costs to travel to Somalia is welcome. I remember the planes from Dubai charging 500 dollars to fly to SL/PL. Unbelievable and they were Somali owned.

nuune   

Alpha Blondy;967626 wrote:
inaar,

what's this i hear about the air Uganda crushing.

can you confirm?

p.s - you seems pissed yesterday. i hope all is well. waan kuu soo ducayn baal.

Inaar, waa caadi xaalku, yesterday tacsi baan ku jirey as I was recovering a stabbing that happened to a close family in London.

nuune   

Juxa;967606 wrote:
Nuune thanks but marabo £800 inaan bixiyo, waxaana rabaa inaan kambala ayaantoo joogo...xal keen?

Return ticket to Kampala is only 450 pound, xaga maxaa jira, ma warshadii afaraad baad fureysaa

Nin-Yaaban;967506 wrote:
There is always risks with flying and there is always more that can be done to improve safety (and especially in Somalia). But having said that, i dont think there's been any fatal accident in recent memory involving Somalis.

The near mishaps is a disaster in waiting- Case in point, the president's plane.

nuune   

^^ They are not fit to fly Abti, the fact that no authority controls these planes is itself a disaster.

nuune;967684 wrote:
^^ They are not fit to fly Abti, the fact that no authority controls these planes is itself a disaster.

Exactly- by the grace of allah ayey ku socdaan