Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

Old People Ruined Somalia!

NGONGE   

Ever since I was a young man, I’ve been hearing people around me suggesting that the old people should hand Somali politics over to the young. They argued that Somalia was in the state it is in because of these old and backward politicians.

Sheikh Sharif was 26 in 1991. Former PM Abdulwali was 25. Hassan Sheikh was 35. Farmajo was 29. Saacid was 33. All were relatively young men back then and this argument would have applied to them. The Imam was 46, so I suppose he was too old even back then.

Still, what about the young of today? What is the cut-off point between young and old, 30?

You know, I’ve given the argument some thought and have concluded that the only type of young man/woman that could do such a job will have to be one without any university education. I say this because those that have university education would have spent years at Uni and then hope to land a job as a politician without having had any proper life experiences or having had to face any real life decisions save those related to revising for exams and what not.

This leaves us with the hardworking school drop outs. They would be the ones that left school at sixteen and forged a career for themselves as plumbers, builders, businessmen or Taxi drivers. Working at an early age would have introduced them to the harsh realities of life and allowed them to hone their decision making processes. They would have met their fair share of liars, cheats, innocents and victims. They would have had to help someone up and push others down. They would know life.

But government is not only about life. It is also about facts and figures. A young xamali president may become very adept at manipulating the Hassan Sheikhs, Farooles and Madoobes of this world but, could he understand budget deficits without exclaiming “balo! Intaa sadix Cristiano Ronaldo bay ii goyan laheed”?

Give it twenty years young ones; you may still be president yet. :D

NGONGE;962601 wrote:
“balo! Intaa sadix Cristiano Ronaldo bay ii goyan laheed”?

That made me qosol like wax waalan in the office. Waligaa ma maqashay tuug iyo tuug kalkaal? labada aad sheegtayba waa tuug iyo tuug kalkaal.

64468_438487862906276_25219871_n.jpg