Sign in to follow this  
Ace of Spadez

Turkey’s Contribution to Efforts to Overcome Problems between Somalia and Somaliland

Xaaji Xunjuf, I don't think Somaliland is fighting along clan lines. If it was fighting along clan lines, Somaliland would not be in control of Lascanod. The issue in Taleex & Buhoodle is due to ideology. Do we remain part of Somalia or do we reclaim our sovereignty. So far, it seems the ideology of reclaiming the sovereignty of Somaliland is winning all over the country. Somaliland had clan conflicts in the early 1990's and it was resolved eons ago, but I'm sure once in a blue moon there are clashes between neighbouring clans like in Ceel Berdaale or Kalshaale and they are worked on just like the previous clashes between clans in the past.

lol@uchi.. you don't need to convince me. lol since I don't live there my say means little. all we can do is scribble online. the masses have moved on. i think you should do the same

Che, you're right time will tell. I don't have XiinFiniin's crystal ball. :D All I said is, a new chapter in Somalia-Somaliland relations has dawned on us and the international community is a witness.

Safferz   

Ace of Spadez;937910 wrote:
lol@uchi.. you don't need to convince me. lol since I don't live there my say means little. all we can do is scribble online. the masses have moved on. i think you should do the same

Political views on the ground are actually quite diverse and these matters are debated openly. When I was in Somaliland last summer, I even met government ministers who felt a union with Somalia is inevitable.

Che, you don't control an area without support. Unless you really think Somaliland in 2013 occupies any one? How is that even possible? I doubt any Somali population can be subjugated let alone occupied.

Safferz, you're quite right. There is more than one view. The question is which opinion transcends all? Which view do the majority have? I already know because Somaliland couldn't not function if its citizens did not want it to exist, but just to make things legal, I'm actually for a UN supervised referendum to put this baby to bed. :D

Che, I think the community that welcomed Cali Sandule when he was campaigning in Lascanood in the local elections will dispute with you. I'm sure you've seen the video. Somaliland is not a dictatorship. People vote. Also, please tell me any Somali population in the former Somali Republic that is occupied?? Just because it doesn't fit your narrative you have to assume there is an occupation. Do you know that the people who hold power in Lascanood are natives??? Somaliland doesn't have a clan problem, it is has an ideology problem. If there was a clan problem, it wouldn't be so easy for Xagala Toosiye to cross the aisle and become a Minister of Somaliland. The conflict is between should Somaliland be sovereign or remain in a union with Somalia.

Ace. Cali Sandule campaigned in town controlled by Sland army. The Garaads of Sool and the people have expressed their clear intent. The Kalshaale blunder demonstrated how people feel towards Sland and even Haabsade admitted that his tribesmen are not with him. This is not my narrative. It is expressed views in word and action of the people that live in Buhoodle and Sool.

Che, by the way listen for the Turkish being spoken at the signing ceremony mentioning the Republic of Somalia and Republic of Somaliland. :D Listen for the word Jamhuriya. :D

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Having trouble linking this properly here is the video link :

Ace. Buhoodle fought back and won even when Somaliland attacked in the dead of night. LA changed hands when Haabsade left Puntland. It was with his help that the town changed hands. Mind you, Xaabsade and Xooglatoosiye are there for personal gains, they are not with Somaliland out of personal conviction or sincere belief in secession.