Sign in to follow this  
Oz

Who is better - Le-bron or Kobe ?

Oz   

Who is better - Le-bron or Kobe? and Explain WHY?

lebron-vs-kobe.jpg

Questioned by media

Kobe just seems tired of those types of questions and I can’t say I blame him. His responses to comparison-type questions elicited quiet and short responses of “I don’t know” and “No.”

Kobe,

For me Lebron is stronger and round player. kobe is better 3PT and never gives up, Lebron is younger than kobe that means kobe is more experinced than Lebron. Saying all that Kobe is better 'cause nothing beats experience other than that they both very skillfill/tactical players.

N.O.R.F   

Kobe is a great player no doubt but no one like a big ego. King James came onto the scene and the Cavs got to the final for the first time.

King James!

WingA   

Come on, Kobe is old skool and yo LeBron James is too much.. i saw him take the Rookie of the Year back in 04 in the states and he blow me away with every game..

LeBron James, Hands Down..

BOB   

Scottie Pippen is by MILES the best all rounder that ever played hoops.

Would MJ be considered as the 'best' without #33's consistent support?

I started watching basketball in early to mid 90's when BULLS were the top dogs and I became fan of Pippen...not Bulls and certainly not MJ but Pippen.

as far as the present is concerned...NBA is not as fun watching as it used to be when you had so many world class players in so many different teams and the teams were far more competitive than they are today...!

Nowadays NBA is all about hype and bling-bling with so many below average players talking trash like they were the best thing to have happened to basketball which is why I don't bother watching any longer.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Poker   

Ok, let see...they both came straight out of high school. LJ was drafted by the worst team in the NBA and he was asked to do the impossible, leading a bad team with a small market to the promise land. A task he accomplished withing few years.

Kobe was drafted by the Hornets, a bad team that was in transition of moving and refused to play for them. He went to the lakers and played behind Edie Jones with Shaq and the company leading the way. With all the help he had (mostly LACK of pressure of leading the lakers) Kobe was throwing air balls in his first two years in the league.

LJ has something Kobe would never possesed, MENTAL TOUGHNES. King James also has better all around numbers.

LeBron James will go down the second best skilled player ever behind MJ.

With size advantage and different role play, yes L.B James can be said is all round player, but that wont take anything away from Kobe. He is skilled player and you would be lying is you say Kobe cant play on pressure.

Remember guys that the Cavs are in the Eastern conference, had they been in the West, I can assure you they would have been in the 4th or 5th place. Who are we kidding here, you only have to face 3 tough teams at the most in that conference. Had the Suns being in the east, say in this season, they would have been 3rd top team, while they are eliminated in their conf with 40 some wins.

Hey I am not trying to take anything away from him, I like him more than Kobe and want him to win this championship, but he is not the only reason why the Cavs are doing better.

Poker   

You're coming from all direction. I don't know how good the cavs could have been in different conference but one thing I know is that LJ was empressive out of the gate and it took few years for Kobe to accomplish the same goal.

The presure I was talking about was the Media presure and the expectation of him leading the team in early age. Something Kobe couldn't do.

It was AI's league the first 7 or 8 years and it is LJ's league now.

^True it's all about LJ this days, but Kobe had his too. By the way, Kobe came to league and won his 1st ring in within 3 years, I don't know why you are downplaying his accomplishments.

Poker   

It was his fifth season or so and I think Shaq has alot to do with that. Shaq was the MVP every single year they won.

BTW, I never say Kobe ain't great. The question was who is better LJ ot Kobe.

^He was drafted in 96 and was coming off the bench for next season and half. Even after becoming 1997's rookie of the year, the guy was not getting enough minutes. It's true that Kobe's shining moments started with the arrival of Phil Jackson and Shaq into the LA camp, nevertheless, he was part of the 2000s dynasty team.

All in all, let us agree that Kobe had his days and it's LJ moments now. I will leave it there.

Ps: I am cheering for the Cavs and LJ to win this year.

Poker   

Shaq was already there in LA when Kobe was drafted from Lower Marion High in Philly.

Kobe never won the rookie of the year award. AI was the rookie of the year. He won the slum dunk competion in his rookie year.

He was coming off the bench b/c he wasn't ready. He became a stater after Jones was traded to the hornets.

The bottom line is that Kobe is great but LJ is better.

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Norf 2:

Kobe is a great player no doubt but no one like a big ego. King James came onto the scene and the Cavs got to the final for the first time.

King James!

Take it all back. Kobe is the man!