Sign in to follow this  
Jacpher

Photo opping little school girls

Jacpher   

When is this culture of lining up little school girls on the sides of the road to welcome politician is gonna end. I wonder where did this culture came from? In the days of Siyaad Barre, little school children were ordered to dress up, hold flags, stand in the sunny streets for hours only to be dusted away by a speeding SUV. I'm sure some of you remember those days. :D Fast forward twenty two years, school kids face the same garbage. I never understood two things, this way of 'soo dhaweyn' and politicians photo-opping 'xargaha u jara' opening new schools, hospitals in which they had nothing to do with or even opposed in the beginning. I'm thinking these are a little more than photographic moment for a propaganda purpose.

Wixii Siyaad Barre iyo Communism laga keenay baa wili la daba ordayaa. What's so significant about having school kids hold flags on the side of the road? Where are the boys horta in these pictures PL welcoming the PM? Ma inay waraf la dhacaan baa laga baqay.

IMG_0117.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

4_7.JPG

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

71.jpg

no wonder illiteracy is at an all-time low in these arid lands. educational standards in puntland remain sub-standard and are not due to meet the Millennium Development Goals targets. i wonder many classes these little girls have missed for kacaan-type-forced-participation-political-rallies?