Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

All the single ladies, all the single ladies....

wyre;916113 wrote:
i was surprised when JB started a thread with the name a dirty joke,

You were not surprised sxb ,,,, You are a regular visitor there and a reader :D

:D :D @ the topic.

In Qardho's environs there is such a custom as coming of age ceremony but is not dependent upon a number (ie age) but rather on the quality and the character of the young man concerned displays during his early years and is underpined by the poem posted by Waranle_Warrior.

I was ten going eleven, when i went through this custom with two older boys (one was 16 and the other 12 years old). All we had to distract us was imaginary plane in the sky. Unfortunately one of the boys got mutilated in the process when he jumped. I was last and this boy was the one before me. Although he didn't scream (becasue we were warned about that before) you could hear and see the rustling and the struggle that was going on behind the 'ardaa ooddan' where we were being called to, one at a time. You can only imagine what I was going through as the time went longer and longer compared to the first guy's quick thing.

After three weeks of being pampered and the older boys stories filtered to us that we would never get healed unless we found gabadh qolofta naga qaada or we be married off, if we didn't find such girl :D