Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

American Father 'Buzz Bishop' Admits to Likeing One Child More Than The Other!

Dadfavorite.png

While some parents secretly have a favorite child, they normally do not broadcast it all over the Internet.

Buzz Bishop recently wrote a blog entitled 'Admit It, You Have A Favorite Kid. I Do.' on the parenting website Babble, in which he admitted he likes his five-year-old son Zacharie better than his two-year-old son Charlie, reports the Daily Mail.

Bishop, a Canadian radio host, wrote: "Yes, I have a favorite son and I’m not ashamed to admit it. I’m guessing you could look deep in the mirror and admit you have a favorite too. I don’t let Zacharie get away with anything because he’s my first pick, I just..you.. know .. like him better."

"I admit it, my oldest son is my favorite because he can do more things. To me, he’s more fun. I don’t love either of my sons any more than the other, but I do like them differently. I’d be willing to bet you’re the same."

While some parents on the parenting blog praised Bishop for his honesty, many attacked him, which apparently came as a shock to the dad.

Bishop told the Daily Mail: "Perhaps I'm too naive to think that my words will not be one day read by my children, but if they do read them, I trust I will have a strong relationship with my kids that they will understand the context with which I write."

"I will concede that the open discussion and criticism I have received has caused me to re-evaluate the balance of time I spend with my kids. I am now consciously planning to have more one-on-one time with my younger son. I do not regret posting it. I will continue to write about my children, I will continue to write about the ups and downs in my parenting."

in my family of 7 bros and sisters, i'm often refereed to as 'GOLDEN CHILD'. i do believe my mother loves me more than the other 6. my bros and sisters are very jealous of me and have expressed hatred and hostilities towards me in the past.

Blessed   

Buzz Bishop;873496 wrote:
I don’t love either of my sons any more than the other, but I do like them differently. I’d be willing to bet you’re the same."

I agree.

Wadani   

Apophis;873779 wrote:
What do you know about personality disorders?

Apophis I think you may be on to something here. I've long noticed that our friend Alpha consistently manifests classic symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder.

Blessed   

He said like them differently, love them the same. Unless kids have identical personalities, which is very unlikely, you're bound to find things to like about one / the other.

Wadani;873793 wrote:
Apophis I think you may be on to something here. I've long noticed that our friend Alpha consistently manifests classic symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder.

Reacting to criticism with anger, shame, or humiliation ------------------------------------------------YES

Taking advantage of others to reach their own goals---------------------------------------------------NO

Exaggerating their own importance, achievements, and talents --------------------------------------YES

Imagining unrealistic fantasies of success, beauty, power, intelligence, or romance -------------YES

Requiring constant attention and positive reinforcement from others -------------------------------SOMETIMES

Becoming jealous easily --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------NO

Lacking empathy and disregarding the feelings of others -------------------------------------------- NO

Being obsessed with oneself --------------------------------------------------------------------------------YES

Pursuing mainly selfish goals -------------------------------------------------------------------------------SOMETIMES

Trouble keeping healthy relationships --------------------------------------------------------------------YES

Becoming easily hurt and rejected -------------------------------------------------------------------------YES

Setting goals that are unrealistic ---------------------------------------------------------------------------YES

Wanting "the best" of everything----------------------------------------------------------------------------YES

Appearing unemotional --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------NO

you seem to have knowledge of this disorder, can you give me more info please.