Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

UK Government Confirms Opening Office In Somaliland

UK Government Confirms Opening Office In Somaliland

Written by Qaran news

Sep 10, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Hargeisa( Qarannews)- The United Kingdom government confirms the opening of a new office in Somaliland tasked with facilitating the recently announced Somaliland Development Corporation, as well as, acting as a place for provided access into Somaliland for various UK organisations such as the British Council and other non-political agencies.

In parliamentary questions session at the Westminster Houses of Parliament in London, on September 4th, the British minister for Africa, Henry Bellingham, responding to question from Christopher Pincher MP, confirmed that the UK government has opened an office in Somaliland to "assist with the development of Somaliland, which will lead to progress and stability".

Minister Bellingham continued that the opening of the office was part of the agreement at the recent meeting on Somalia and Horn of Africa held in London in February 2012

The office was official opened on Monday, September 3rd, 2012. It is the first British government office, in any guise, since independence on the 26th June 1960.

Qarannews

Yes an Ambassador for Somalia which is very good good but this is a Political office which will also help facilitate the Somaliland development corporation that was launched earlier this year. How ever the British Government their embassy for Somalia is based in Kenya Nairobi matt baugh is the Ambassador for Somalia based Kenya. While the British Embassy in addis ababa maintans a full range of Bilateral relations with the Somaliland govt in Hargeysa. Thats how the Brits organized the situation of Somaliland and Somalia.

^^^^

Adeer you have no recognition and a Political office is meaningless to your cause if its affairs are run from Mogadishu's embassy..:D

Desperate talk from a secessionist. Now Somalia will develop insha Allah now your hero Sharif's are gone..

General Duke;868037 wrote:
^^^^

Adeer you have no recognition and a Political office is meaningless to your cause if its affairs are run from Mogadishu's embassy..
:D

Desperate talk from a secessionist. Now Somalia will develop insha Allah now your hero Sharif's are gone..

You are forgetting that the Somaliland affairs concerning the UK will be connected to the Embassy in Ethiopia and the Political office recently opened will deal with the Somaliland corporation issues in the SL capital. While the Nairobi based Embassy for Somalia will run the affairs of Somalia from Kenya that's how its organized u have to deal with it.

Duke....you been quiet for long time busying yourself with Gaas and now he lost ,you out of job and rekindled what you know best!Very predictable.

Ducking in crisis and troublesome at peace.Puntland is puntland no matter what.

Always ask myself why they the only ones focused on somaliland and even the H people.For heaven's sake be normal for once.

Xaaji Xunjuf;868040 wrote:
You are forgetting that the Somaliland affairs concerning the UK
will be connected to the Embassy in Ethiopia
and the Political office recently opened will deal with the Somaliland corporation issues in the SL capital. While the
Nairobi based Embassy for Somalia will run the affairs of Somalia
from Kenya that's how its organized u have to deal with it.

My god, what a self hating Somali you are. No wonder your hero is Faisal Ali Waraabe. No adeer, Mogadishu will be the center of Somali power and what happened yesterday was just the beggining. I know you are deeply upset..:D

burahadeer;868042 wrote:
Duke....you been quiet for long time busying yourself with Gaas and now he lost ,you out of job and rekindled what you know best!Very predictable.

Ducking in crisis and troublesome at peace.Puntland is puntland no matter what.

Always ask myself why they the only ones focused on somaliland and even the H people.For heaven's sake be normal for once.

I have been bussy with the Gaas campaign for change. Yes he lost but I will admit the right man has won. Now that the election is over I will support the new President 100%. The secessionists are just bothered by the whole change. An election inside Mogadishu, a new face at the helm, a new Federal Constitution and no longer a Transitional but a permenent Somali government. Deal with it..:D

Why would i be upset i said before the elections that i will support who ever the people of Somalia elect and they elected Hassan Sh Mahamuud not cabdi cawar no faroole agent is in Mogadishu tonight. I know it hurts and it must be painful that the guy u were promoting the past few months lost but that's the reality:D

There are winners and there are losers in this world and you have to just accept that ur not on the winning team:D

Mr DUKE.....keep talking and talking till you lose foreva....you been doing that with Gaas campaign claiming success after success and you can't be idle that he gone now.Back to square one as usual till this one lasts & you start with the new president in couple o weeks:D

Xaaji Xunjuf;868048 wrote:
Why would i be upset i said before the elections that i will support who ever the people of Somalia elect and they elected Hassan Sh Mahamuud not cabdi cawar no faroole agent is in Mogadishu tonight. I know it hurts and it must be painful that the guy u were promoting the past few months lost but that's the reality:D

There are winners and there are losers in this world and you have to just accept that ur not on the winning team:

You do know today there is more unity in Mogadishu between various communities than any other time? We have a well manared, religious, educated man at the top. Abdiweli was his ally and so where those who supported the change and who were against the Sharif's you supported.

Today I am happy, so are my relatives in Mogadishu including my beloved mother. Thus Mr. Secessionist expect a shock as the Federal Republic takes shape. The days when we took orders from Addis, Djibouti & Kenya are over..:D

I am a proud Somali today and want Mogadishu to develop and become stronger, XX on the other hand wants Somaliland to be run from Addis and Banadir from Kenya..:D Who is a loser?

General Duke;868051 wrote:
You do know today there is more unity in Mogadishu between various communities than any other time? We have a well manared, religious, educated man at the top. Abdiweli was his ally and so where those who supported the change and who were against the Sharif's you supported.

Today I am happy, so are my relatives in Mogadishu including my beloved mother. Thus Mr. Secessionist expect a shock as the Federal Republic takes shape. The days when we took orders from Addis, Djibouti & Kenya are over..
:D

Well i am very happy for the people of Somalia like the rest of the people of Somaliland the Govt of Somaliland send their Congrats to the people of Somalia and the new leadership of Somalia. And i am also Glad an Islamist is at top leadership of Somalia which is a good thing. The unity of the people of Mogadishu is very important we all remember how you cheered for their destruction when u uncle was the leader of the TFG. As for cabdi cawar he wanted the top seat so did you and the rest of the puntlanders but they lost accept ur defeat:D

Carafaat   

Xaaji Xunjuf;868052 wrote:
Burah leave our friend Duke Alone he is still not over the loss of Cabdi Weli so one needs to let his frustrations out on Somaliland.

:D waad la heshay.