Sign in to follow this  
Hibo

Ahmed the Repenter

Hibo   

Asalaamu Calaykum Wr Wb brothers and sisters,

http://www.iisna.com/audio/repenter1.ram

That is an audio lecture by Br. Bilal Asad about repentance.

This is an amazing lecture, benefit from it inshallah.

I must say it is very touching and interesting. Hope you all don't mind the Aussie accent smile.gif

Hibo   

That lecture really touched my heart too.

Wallahi this is one lecture that truly touched my heart in every way.... it’s one of the most amazing story I have ever heard.... It has inspired me deeply...

And I love the way Bilal Asad recites the Qur’an especially at the end of the lecture when he reads the last aaya’s, it just brings tears to your eyes cwm25.gif ...Masha'allh

I recommend every Nomad here to listen to it, its just ... mmm...Am speechless

[This message has been edited by Samira (edited 03-20-2002).]

Hibo   

i just listened, i must agree with sameera,really very touching.do you mind sis, if you tell us little bit, who is dr bilal asad, and i loved his recitation too. thanks

[This message has been edited by bulo (edited 03-20-2002).]

Taqwa   

As Salamu Alaikum Wr Wb,

Jazakallah Kheir to the poster for reminding us. The story seems to change from one sheik to the other, smile.gif. I guess its what he is saying that matter's and not how he say's it , except the aussie accent is a little bit refreshing to the ear. We are used to the New Yorker accent.I'll end with the Islamic greetings and the best of greetings. Salamu Alaikum to all.

Hibo   

Asalaamu Calaykum Wr Wb all,

Sameera, thats exactly how i felt, great to know you enjoyed it and inshallah we will all benefit from it.

Unix, go to www.iisna.com (search for it there smile.gif )

Bulo, Br. Bilal Assad is just amazing. Can you believe he is only 24 and studying at university. He hasn't had any formal islamic schooling, but obviously studies on his own. Allah has blessed him with a beautiful voice, he also leads the prayers at the local mosque for ramadan.

Taqwa, yeah i noticed, there is a slight difference between this narration and that in arabic, but nevertheless the message is still the same. Great to see you found the accent "refreshing".

Hibo   

Asalaamu Calaykum Wr Wb Bulo smile.gif

The brother is lebanese. I think your confusing him with Yahya Ibrahim who is egyptian and also a magnificient speaker. Allah reward them both.

w/salaam.