Sign in to follow this  
Ameen

The marriage fever, have you caught it yet?

Ameen   

Assalam alaikum to all....

It seems like nowadays that many young people are all of a sudden, on the marriage tip. Do you find that to be true? I mean of course, nothing is wrong with marriage…but I was wondering, have you noticed that the "marriage fever" has been spreading quicker than…ummm ummm, lets compare it to AIDS. Marriage has planted a seed in the minds of those who are still considered "young" (although, many of us think that we are too grown for our own good, but in reality, we are still young). How do you feel about that? And why do you believe that the parents are making this topic a sensitive issue, that's actually causing more young people to research it and gain interest in fulfilling that part of their deen. Let’s hear some young peoples perspective on this topic.

Ameen   

Okay inshallah,

Anybody, whether your young or not, who has a perspective on this topic...feel free to share your ideas.

And Allah knows best

Aaliyyah   

Young? Exactly who do you regard as to be young? From our religion’s perspective as soon as some one reaches puberty they are to be encouraged to get married. Of course it wouldn’t work like that in our society, since someone is not considered adult til the age of 18. So I would say it is great if more people are into getting married because they are fulfilling half of their diin. It also could be due to the fact that we are getting raised in a western society. Where you would see things that are intimidating all the time, you would see a guy and girl kissing in every street you walk, if you try to watch a show or a movie there is dirty scene that is coming up once in a while So certainly if some one is weak enough to be influenced by the society it is it is a whole lot better getting married. Allah knows best.

Wa salaam

p.s. As for the parents it could be the fact that they just wanna get their daughter married cuz their neighbor’s daughter got married ( speaking of experience u should c my parents at all times dee xalima next door way guursatay what u waiting for lol)

Ameen   

AAliyah416, you shared some good points. In regards to "who do I consider young"...well, I don’t personally but a particular age to a group of people who are considered "young"....besides, with all the experiences that we (as those who have grown up, outside our Motherland) have gone through, age would than just be a number labeled to a person. In regards to your second part, do you actually believe that parents are helping their children get married? Do you really believe that? Mashallah if thats the case. May Allah save us from the evil desires within ourselves.

Aaliyyah   

yeh parents do actually help their children get married. Most parents i know are always telling their children to get married. ofcourse at times they go finish university first and marriage comes second. Bt in most cases yes? why do you say otherwise?

Ameen   

AThe reason I’m surprised is for several reasons.

For one, many coming lectures, or at least, ideas for conferences are targeted to the parents in order to reach out to them and explain or cause them to understand the importance of (different issues such as) emann and following the sunnah and of course, marriage.

Secondly, I feel that parents more for the brothers rather than the sisters, advice them to be patient and establish themselves before they seek marriage (and maybe in some cases, that wise). But if the brother or the sister fears for their deen, does not marriage become wajib for them? And what would a sister do, if she really wanted to seek marriage but her wali did not want her to get married? Considering the famous hadeeth of our beloved Prophet (saw) that a marriage is void without a Wali.

And Allah knows best.

Aaliyyah   

I believe that for the most part parents are supportive, alhmadu lilaah mine are always there for me telling me that I need to get married even though I am only 19 .As I mentioned earlier we live in a society where awful things occur at all times, marriage is of course a religious duty and is therefore a moral safeguard. With no doubt brothers are often given hard time in our culture, the daughter’s parents expect a whole lot; they want him to have his bachelors, Masters if possible. Or if he isn’t educated at least making a good income, so he could be able to support his family. It is not that they don’t want their daughter to get married; they just want to be certain that their daughter will be well taken care of. They are trying their best walaal it is simply lack of knowledge in their part. The prophet scw said that if a parent is happy with the character and the diin of the man then they should get their daughter married; otherwise the Ummah will be corrupted. In that sense, I think conferences are very vital and essential in making parents aware that they should not draw the line, as long as the couple are religious it is perfect match. What is better than having two true Muslims get married and increase the Muslim Ummah?

Wa salaam

Ameen   

Thanks for taking the time in sharing some very strong points and nothing can improve the state of our eman and the ummah greater than marriage. But I can only hope when Allah has decreed marriage and it this "our time" to embark that journey, we will do it sincere for His sake, for any other reason would be full of adversities and commotion. But the real question I had in mind was, why now are so many people interested and why not like five years ago? (Personally, EVERYBODY, I know is on that tip, and may Allah help each and every one of them find their match)

And can there be any other reasons people are rushing to the idea of marriage, other than to fulfill half their deen? (and in regards to marriage fulfilling half your deen, have you actually taken the time to ponder on the significance of that? Do you know how much protection that is for you in the long run?)

And Allah knows best.