Sign in to follow this  
OdaySomali

Tips from a former smoker.

Garnaqsi   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;846966 wrote:
Qamriga ayaa ka wada xun but somehow gaalada qamri caadi ayee ka dhigeen.

Not true. Smoking is far more dangerous than drinking.

Maarodi   

@ Bluelicious

Thanks for the informative flyer, I'm going to save it and pass it along because shiisha smoking is seen as a better alternative and the dangers associated with it are downplayed (through ignorance and addiction I suppose). I didn't even know about the dangers of secondhand shiisha smoke and would eat out at Turkish or Arab restaurants where everyone smoked it around me.

Come to think of it we should have that flyer translated into Somali and post it around the community coffee hang-outs. :D

@Apophis

Secondhand smoke kills innocent people that didn't have a choice in the matter. That's why education is important.

Maarodi;866481 wrote:
@ Bluelicious

Thanks for the informative flyer, I'm going to save it and pass it along because shiisha smoking is seen as a better alternative and the dangers associated with it are downplayed (through ignorance and addiction I suppose). I didn't even know about the dangers of secondhand shiisha smoke and would eat out at Turkish or Arab restaurants where everyone smoked it around me.

Come to think of it we should have that flyer translated into Somali and post it around the community coffee hang-outs.
:D

Thanks and you are welcome Maarodi :D

Yes second hand shisha smoking is as harmful and damaging to you I didn't know that at first but it makes sense. When I came to realisation about that I knew I had to avoid the whole situation together and not be in the same room as some one who's doing it whether it be at a coffee place or a restaurant etc.

That would be much needed to hang flyers around in Somali but someone has to also give a information talk about it since not everybody reads flyers.