Sign in to follow this  
Archdemos

The Rise Of Hyundai Motor

Malika   

I am sure the qoroqoro serves it's purpose ..lol - I have never driven a new car iska daa latest model - always bangers, as long as they get me from A to B..lol

Taleexi   

Nin-Yaaban;840675 wrote:
Hyundai is like a cheap knockoff of Honda. They could've came out with a better name.Their new cars look kinda nice though, i'll give them that. But i still wouldn't buy them. I'll stick Toyota (Camry:)).

Actually, Hyundai is closing the gap both in design and quality and yet mysteriously they are cheaper.... Higher end models are been introduced including Genesis ... I'm VW guy though.

Taleexi;840721 wrote:
Actually, Hyundai is closing the gap both in design and quality and yet mysteriously they are cheaper.... Higher end models are been introduced including Genesis ... I'm VW guy though.

I am sure they are, but they still have a long way to go before people change their perception about Korean cars.

Nin-Yaaban;840724 wrote:
I am sure they are, but they still have a long way to go before people change their perception about Korean cars.

That's the key Nin, its all about perception. Even if Hyundai creates a model that blows the competition out of the water in every way they will still be dealing with the outstanding issue of consumer confidence and prestige. Remember Lucky Goldstar and the transformation into LG or Lifes Good. It can happen but will take a decade longer to become truly established. Their lineup is good enough, but the marketing folks have a big job on their hands. Everywhere i go i see a Hyundai ad or billboard. Look at sporting events like Euro 2012, Diamond League athletics and the Olympics. They know its an issue but will the marketing millions be enough.

N.O.R.F   

I have driven the i30 and was very impressed with it. But, to compare it to a Golf should be made illegal Archie :D

They have improved since the 90s and are good value for money but I can't help but think they can't take everyday wear and tear like the German cars.

LOL, OK not exactly illegal. i use a golf 2011 TDI as my day to day car. i got to say i think I'm bored with it and the i30 looks like a bargain and crucially something different from the Golf, Focus, Astra cabal. Ok its superior to the Astra and challenges the other two.

ElPunto   

Interesting thread Arch. Was in a rental Hyundai not too long ago. They sure have come a long way. Would still be hesitant to buy a Sonata - whiff of bad rep still around, They should concentrate on developing markets where they may not have the same reputational issues.

Here is one of the two being shipped right now:

250px-2004_Hyundai_Santa_Fe_GLS.jpg

Hyundai Sante Fe, all options (save gps)

5000 euros ($7500 shipping etc up to Djibouti included, may easily be reselled for $9000-10000)

2003, 125 000km, diesel;

Sounds like a good deal now they got spares for koreans and EU cars have stricter controls.

Seems the quality is great and they are overtaking even the japanese (not much spares for the honda accord).

Khayr   

I was just thinking of this today. Hyundai has made great strides in the last 10yrs with their new models. The Sonta and Gensis have become sexed up and do not look like nerdy japanese cars like the toyotas. Hyundai's affordability, durability and sleekly fleets have made them capture an ever greater market share in the auto sector for sedans, mid-size cars and small 4x4 vehicles - in the past 10yrs.