Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

It seemed like a good idea at the time!

NGONGE   

The above title should be the motto of all Somalis. It is what we live for and how we conduct our daily affairs.

So when you ask Cabdi why did he decide to open a coffee shop across the street from Faarax despite the fact that Cumar already beat him to it by opening one next door, his reply should be “It seemed like a good idea at the time”.

When you ask Laila why did she ruin her face by applying bleaching cream even though she’s seen what such creams did to Sucaad’s face, her reply should be “It seemed like a good idea at the time”.

When you ask Sheikh Cali, why did he collect money for Al Shabab even though he already saw what similar groups did to Afghanistan and Iraq, his reply should be “It seemed like a good idea at the time”.

When you ask old Somali ladies, why did they use to wear short skirts and have their hair out , their reply should be “It seemed like a good idea at the time”.

When you ask people why they used to have mixed weddings and now most don’t, their reply should be “It seemed like a good idea at the time”.

When you ask an arrested pirate, why did you get into that sordid business, his reply should be “...........”

This thread was inspired by Juxa’s rant against parents in the Dhaqan Celis thread (http://www.somaliaonline.com/community/showthread.php/65513-Channel-4-British-Somalis-are-sending-their-children-back-to-Africa-(dhaqan-celis))

I’m not sure if you got the point of this thread but, err, it seemed like a good idea at the time.

(Could YOU think of anything that seemed like a good idea at the time?)

Malika   

^I can think of one - why are you all choosing to live in this run down neighbourhood - it seemed like a good place, xalimo iyo xawo aa degna, wexee yiradeen Muslimka ayaa kuu badaan.

Juxa   

Rant? Ma aniga? JB said there was big part of the story that was not covered! So don't shoot me for saying it

BTW some of the kids sent back home be it Sland or Somalia are criminals with criminal records etc

Yaa umaqan the locals? As you said ..... Seemed great idea at the time

Carafaat   

Manfesto meeting in Muqdisho, January 1991. It seemed like a good idea to exclude SNM, USC, SPM from the meeting at that time.

:D sorry, i know its not the political section. But it made me think of the many colosal mistakes we have done in the past. Manifesto to start with.

wyre   

When You Ask Carafaat "Why Would You Post Politics Here" His Answer Is “It seemed like a good idea at the time”.

:D

Abwaan   

When you ask some SOL members why are you anti-Carafaat the answer would be "it seemed like a good idea at the time":D