Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Ali Khalif Galayr for Speaker of Parliament?

Somalia;839084 wrote:
In which functioning Somali court would you have him convicted? To argue against the notion that he's corrupt is like saying pigs can fly..

a witness, a bank account deposit statement, or an authenticated document will help me to label somebody "corrupt", until that, its just a hearsay and gossips, and I withheld the basic right of "Innocent till proven guilty". You have problem with that?

Somalia   

Ok, another question.

Lets take a company, Goldman Sachs, they used to bet against assets they put out, knowing that they were worth nothing while investors bought them. They haven't been charged, does that mean they are not corrupt?

Geedi, who stole money from the government by signing a fake oil deal with a Kuwaiti company and then resigning over the feud, is not corrupt?

Somalia;839100 wrote:
Ok, another question.

Lets take a company, Goldman Sachs, they used to bet against assets they put out, knowing that they were worth nothing while investors bought them. They haven't been charged, does that mean they are not corrupt?

Geedi, who stole money from the government by signing a fake oil deal with a Kuwaiti company and then resigning over the feud, is not corrupt?

Accusation is one thing, and proving is another. Goldman Sachs, Enron, Worldcom, Xerox, and many corporates have been investigated by the highest authorities and condemned by law, that is similar to what I am asking for, there might be circumstantial evidence or we might have a strong gut feeling about someone's behavior, but justice says until you have solid concrete evidence you cant label somebody a "THIEF", otherwise we might have XX accusing you of theft and the whole SOL nomads will start lynching you.;)Proof my friend Proof.

Somalia   

Actually they haven't been investigated.

The man resigned because of his corruption, I don't understand how you can argue with that..

Somalia   

You are such a silly being.

He was a trader, and a former employee. He was charged due to insider trading. I asked you of what was behind the collapse of 2008, that Goldman Sachs was never investigated for but everyone know that did it. Go back and read my comment.

I ask you again, has Goldman Sachs been investigated for what they've done?

Somalia;839108 wrote:
You are such a silly being.

He was a trader, and a former employee. He was charged due to insider trading. I asked you of what was behind the collapse of 2008, that Goldman Sachs was never investigated for but everyone know that did it. Go back and read my comment.

I ask you again,
has Goldman Sachs been investigated for what they've done?

I don't like when people argue for the sake of argument.

read here again, this is not what you called "Trader & former employee" this was their Director" and was part of the board which took part on the collapse of the bank,

Civil fraud charges were brought against Mr Gupta by the US Securities and Exchange Commissioner in March.

Those charges allege that Mr Gupta divulged secret information about Goldman Sachs, which Rajaratnam traded on.

His lawyer Gary Naftalis told Reuters news agency: "Any allegation that Rajat Gupta engaged in any unlawful conduct is totally baseless. The facts demonstrate that Mr Gupta is an innocent man and that he has always acted with honesty and integrity.

"He did not trade in any securities, did not tip Mr Rajaratnam so he could trade, and did not share in any profits as part of any quid pro quo."

Recorded phone calls between the two men were played to the jury during Rajaratnam's insider trading trial.

The jury heard that on 23 October 2008, at a private meeting of Goldman Sachs board members, the board was told the firm had incurred a quarterly loss for the first time in the bank's history..

These companies were investigated by the FBI and many of them condemned by the congress finacial commetee.

Not happy with that, check this; http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2008/sep/24/wallstreet.freddiemacandfanniemae

Somalia   

It's not even the same! We are talking about people who we know have done wrong, but not prosecuted.

You are defending a man who sold rights to a company on his own behalf, only to resign later, if he wasn't corrupt, then why did he resign?

This is one of them lame conspiracy arguments you come with, comparable to this one .

http://www.somaliaonline.com/community/showthread.php/65471-Africa-oil-announces-spud-of-shabeel-north-well/page2