Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Read the new Somalia Constitution in English.

Che Somalia maha inay qawmiyada kale so degan si hawl yar ba lugu dhaxal guurin kara Somalia wa dhul weyn dad yar, its not cunsurnimo dadka kale dalalkooda ha joogaan.

A person who has been married to a citizen for a period of at least five years is entitled to apply for citzenship by naturalization

2 A child who is not a citizen but is adopted by a citizen is entitled to be a naturalized as a citizen the adopting parent may apply on behalf of the child or the child after attaining age 18 may apply personally for naturazlaiton as a citizen

3 a person who has been a lawful resident in Somalia for a continuous period of at least five years and who satifsifes the conditions prescribed by parliament is entitled to apply for citizenship by naturalization

The requirement of five years marriage of residency that must be satisfied before a person is entitled to naturalize as a citizen shal be equally regarded as having been satisfied irrespective.

Waa garbage, qashin la iska qor qoray shisheeye soo dhoob dhoobeen. Soomaali sida lagu noqdo iyo kaarar loo sameeyo shisheeye sidee Soomaali ku noqon lahaayeen. I don't even have to read it fully to know waxa lasoo wado.

Defining who can be a Soomaali, naturalizing non-Soomaalis with bogus cards. Defining the Soomaali Republic borders. What the...

Bring back the 1960 axdi, Soomaali ayaa qoratay, iyagaana afti ku taageeray from tuulo to tuulo. It was a fine one. Let it be used until a new one is necessary, a one that is completely written by Soomaalida for Soomaalida and approved in countrywide referendum. Until then let the 1960 be in place.

Che -Guevara;823832 wrote:
^It's Somalis Nigga!

two corrections from you and one previous from me, now two. damn. you would think the nutcase by now would get the adjective right. it's SOMALI

Somalia   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;823837 wrote:
Waa garbage, qashin la iska qor qoray shisheeye soo dhoob dhoobeen. Soomaali sida lagu noqdo iyo kaarar loo sameeyo shisheeye sidee Soomaali ku noqon lahaayeen. I don't even have to read it fully to know waxa lasoo wado.

Defining who can be a Soomaali, naturalizing non-Soomaalis with bogus cards. Defining the Soomaali Republic borders. What the...

Bring back the 1960 axdi, Soomaali ayaa qoratay, iyagaana afti ku taageeray from tuulo to tuulo. It was a fine one. Let it be used until a new one is necessary, a one that is completely written by Soomaalida for Soomaalida and approved in countrywide referendum. Until then let the 1960 be in place.

http://somalitalk.com/dastuur/1960.html

Somalia   

Jacaylbaro;823866 wrote:
I'm still looking for the FINAL DRAFT ... this one is from 2010 ,,,

Coming soon to a theatre near you, but this one gives you an idea of what it will be like.

Samsung   

Article 58 International Negotiations

#2 Where Negotiations particularly effect regional state interest, the federal government shall if feasible try to include a representative of that regional state in it's delegation to the negotiations.

Article 172 Restriction on Amendement

No amendment may be proposed within the first seven years after the constitution comes into force, other than any amendments necessary to facilitate the participation of either or both Puntland or Somaliland.

Article 4 Sovereignty of the Republic

(2) The Somali people are one and indivisible.

(3) The sovereignty of the Somali Republic is inviolable.

Article 7 Territory.

(1) The sovereignty of the Somali Republic extends over all the territory of the Republic, which includes the land, the islands, territorial sea, the subsoil, the air space and the continental shelf.

(2) The territory of the Somali Republic is inviolable and divisble.

(3) Any change to the territory of the Somali Republic must be approved by a national referendum.

Article 7 the Territory of the Republic needs to be clarified. From where it starts and ends.

Carafaat   

Jacaylbaro;823866 wrote:
I'm still looking for the FINAL DRAFT ... this one is from 2010 ,,,

I don't think much has been changed from this draft. After 2010 the IFCC went on a PR campaign to promote it and now its up to a legislature to change it or/ and approve it.

Marksman   

I do see some limitations to the 2010 constitution draft.

Such as if some prohibitations are punishible or not. Examples: slavery, forced labor and female mutilation.

I do agree that no other religion than Islam should be propagated. But then at article 22 it says that a person is free to practice his or her own religion. The religions that are allowed in Somalia should be clearly stated as other countries do.

At the same time 'no Muslim can renounce Islam'. Which sounds very contrary.

The freedom of assembly should be limited in a manner as the 2010 constitution states that ' A person has the right to gather peacefully with others, and to demonstrate and protest peacefully without the necessity to seek prior authorization.'

The limitations to this freedom of assembly should be stated to preserve the moral code. Because if one has the right to for instance promote SATANISM or whatever, this person is protected by the constitution.

The qualifications of the president are not too clearly defined as he can be of any religion without much religious practice and still run a Muslim country.

I am very interested in how Shari'ah will be implemented in the new Somalia and not be misused as a misogynist tool.

I am happy that a woman according to law is equal to a man. Which means we do not need 2 females in court to stand equal to 1 man.

And that the constitution talks about human dignity and that 'the state power must not be exercised in a manner that disregards human dignity.'

One could for example compare it with Iran or Saudi Arabia that disregards human dignity. An example for that is forced covering of the female population.

The right to vote should be defined a little more complete, such as the 1960's constitution that says 'The vote shall be personal, equal, free and secret.'

Also, I did not read much about labour rules and laws such as the one's in the 1960 constitution. The minimum and maximum hours should be either stated or said by whom it will be chosen. Also the protection of minors and minimum age for work. Protections against discrimination at work, the importance of equal pay for the same job or qualifications, that no immoral work shall be accepted (prostitution etc.) And the protection against unsuitable working conditions.

Carafaat   

Marksmen, those are minor issue's. We are talking about the future states structure most suited to bring peace and make Somalia governable.

Dat zijn de kern prioritieten, mattie. Niet kinderarbeid, werkuren, arbeidsvoorwaaden. :D